INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding Question

• Thank you received: 40

Guiding Question was created by David Tate

I understand that taking guiding images too quickly cause "chasing". So I've been told the keep it about 2-2.5 seconds between images. What I've been doing is taking a 2 second image. But I think that is giving me some bloated guiding stars.

Is there a way to take a 1 second shot, wait 1-1.5 seconds. Is there a delay field? Like the one on the CCD tab?
1 year 9 months ago #83941

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Alan Archer on topic Guiding Question

David,

It would be easier to reduce the guide camera gain in the INDI control panel setting, then you can take longer exposures without the bloating, or you can try an IR/UV filter which would also help.

Regards

Alan
1 year 9 months ago #83946

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by David Tate on topic Guiding Question

At first I would say... oh yeah, the gain! But after looking I see no gain setting on that tab. Remember this is the guide camera/tab. No gain and of course no way to get a filter on that guide scope.

Oh the INDI Tab!!! I'm looking now. :S I see it on the "Controls" tab in the INDI window for the camera. It was set to 50, I'll lower it and see how it goes. Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by David Tate.
1 year 9 months ago #83948

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic Guiding Question

There another reason to need a delay setting. My mount has hi-res dual encoders and it fights with the guide pulses if they come too quickly. PHD2 addressed this by having a CAMERA DELAY option. I can set a 6 or 8 second delay between guide exposures while using a 2 or 3 second guide exposure. This makes a huge difference with this hi-res mounts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Tate
1 year 9 months ago #83963

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds