INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guide limits and dither question

• Thank you received: 133
I have some question regarding the guide limits in the capture tab:
When/how are they applied?

I have set mine to only start if below 0.5", the abort condition is not enabled.
I can sometimes see that when I start a sequence from the capture tab (no scheduler involved) that it waits for the condition to be true before the first capture starts.
I have, however, so far never seen it wait during a sequence, even with clear violation of the condition. The analyze logs confirm that: After a dither the scatter plot of first exposure captured almost always has points far out the limit.
Is that intended behavior? (And if so, why?). Or has it to do with my dither settings? I use the one-pulse dither with a radius of 5 every second frame. I use a settle of 2s.

While writing this, I started wondering whether something might go wrong there, that dither returns too fast or with a wrong lock position. It should take wherever the star is after the dither move as new lock position, is it? And then return after the next exposure with some valid deviation, as the first exposure would have an error of zero. Could that fool the guide limit?
1 year 8 months ago #84012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds