INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Understanding post Mf Align using Scheduler

• Thank you received: 6
Hi,
i had my first semi-unattended session driven by the scheduler. The session included a MF, which performed successfully, however there is a pretty large offset in pointing between the subs before and after the flip (about 15 arcmin).
Now, since I had performed the Alignment manually before starting the scheduler, I deselected the Align step in the scheduler. Does that also disable the solver-based realign after a flip?
ooking at the log in Analyze, no Align was performed after the flip.
Thanks for clarifying!
1 year 8 months ago #84272

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Basic answer is "yes". The post-MF actions have always been a bit finicky, but I always check the track, focus, align and track boxes in scheduler. I also always let the scheduler run all these on start-up. That seems to insure that it will also run the steps after MF.

Good luck,

Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marco
1 year 8 months ago #84273

• Thank you received: 31
If you manually align again in the future, prevent post-flip misalignment by capturing one image at your chosen alignment. Then select that image in the "FITS file" box in the scheduler and keep Align set. Now the Align module will match the coordinates in that original image, and do so again after the flip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marco
1 year 8 months ago #84274

• Thank you received: 6
Thank you, yes I thought after the fact that using the Fits feature would have effectively prevented an extra align before (because I was there already) but ensured one after the flip. Too late! Oh well, I'll reshoot the second half of the data.
1 year 8 months ago #84275

Time to create page: 0.644 seconds