INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos not showing mount in Guiding Via drop down

• Thank you received: 0
New issue happened last night with the guiding module where the mount was not a selectable option under VIA despite Ekos connecting to the AVX and controlling it no problem for plate solving/alignment/go-to/etc. See below. Previous night things had run great with no problems. No software or configuration changes so at a lost other than guessing some weird USB assignment issue. It's almost like it was trying to force ST4 though the camera despite no ST4 cable being plugged in.

Replicated the issue running indi server remotely on a Pi4 to Ekos on a Mac, or running Ekos directly from the Pi4 which is what I normally do. Tried normal disconnect/reconnect/reboot/power cycle equipment/etc and same issue. Wasted an entire night so pretty frustrating.
1 year 8 months ago #85039
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So I think I figured out why the mount wasn't showing as available.Powered the mount back up and going into the menu in the hand controller I noticed that 'track mode' was showing something weird and not EQ N. I wish I remember what it said, but basically I cycled through the normal options and set it back to EQ N. All good now so hopefully tonight I'll have a good run!
1 year 8 months ago #85048

Just wanted to update that this has happened again. This time I managed to capture what the Hand Controller said and this time the tracking mode was "Fans:".

So either a bug with the mount or certain situations can cause Ekos to send a configuration command that messes up the tracking mode on the mount. If there is anything I can do to help track this down let me know.
1 year 5 months ago #87460
Attachments:

is the HC running the latest firmware?
1 year 5 months ago #87464

Hand controller is running v5.33. Looks like there were two minor firmware updates this year but didn't see anything close to what I've encountered.

Both times have occurred during a multi-night session so that may not be a coincidence. My normal routine is put the mount in hibernation and shutdown ekos/indi once I'm done for the the night and then bring it up the next night. Certainly doesn't happen all the time so it's a bit harder to troubleshoot.

This time there was a USB device port conflict when starting indi on the 2nd night between the AVX and Moonlite focuser. I hadn't changed the physical USB ports so why it came up I'm not sure, but I fixed it by forcing the Moonlite to use another USB system port. That's the only other odd thing that came up.
1 year 5 months ago #87466

Mount logs should tell us if there are any commands sent to controller that might cause such an issue.
1 year 5 months ago #87468

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds