INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

dispatch_command() : serial port read failed?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

A few months ago I started with astrophotography and Ekos/Indi and wanted to update now. But after the update, as well as with reinstallation I get from time to time an error in the Indi log. Can someone help me and tell me what I can do to fix this? I use an Odroid C2, HEQ5 Pro and Canon 2000D. Sometimes it happens, when starting indi, somteimes, when mount is tracking. Happens with 3.5.9 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) and 3.6.0 (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS). The error is the following:
[2022-08-17T10:48:40.131 CEST INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - EQMod Mount :  "[WARNING] dispatch_command() : serial port read failed for 200ms (1 retries), verify mount link. "

With 3.5.8 all is fine, no errors.

Many thanks in advance
1 year 8 months ago #85411
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Did you ever make progres with this? I am getting the same error from the same mount.
My conection is 9600 baud which seems slow.
I gave up a wifi connection for a USB connection in order to avoid the hastle of wifi. However these errors are proving problematic.
1 year 1 week ago #91928

Power is usually the culprit followed by loose cable that might get snagged due to motion. Driver is working fine for about a decade now.
1 year 1 week ago #91939

• Thank you received: 3
Thank you.
We were on a demo trip last night and the mount failed totally with the timout error. I brought it hom and reconnected to line supply to 'test''. There are a few errors, but it appears to work. I have the battery power supply plugged into the power outlet.
I will try again on 'battery' only. I am curious if the 12V power is noisy or low voltage.
9 months 3 days ago #94028

• Thank you received: 0
Having the same problem all the time. Did you find the cause ?
7 months 6 days ago #95780

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds