INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Assistant interface problem

• Thank you received: 2
This probably seems silly, but I have a ... silly problem with PAA.

When staring PAA, you click 'start', it does it's thing and then you're supposed to click refresh.

I keep clicking 'start' again and of course it's infuriating :D

Would it be possible to either:
a) Grey out the start button after PAA completes successfully (in order to 'get it back' you'd have to cancel first)
b) Put a guard on the start button if PAA has completed successfully, asking something like 'PAA has completed successfully, start again?'
c) also make that refresh button huge and/or just call it something else like 'Begin adjustment/alignment' etc.
1 year 7 months ago #86022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Sometimes my polar misalignment is so far off I can do it in one session, so in addition to the above, being able to restart the polar alignment by having the mount slew back to the original source position would be great.

Right now if you hit the Start button it attempts to move another 30 degrees, which in most mounts would cause an impact with a tripod leg. Having it return to its start position would ensure that the mount can do a second alignment safely.

So, I would suggest that the start button once started is renamed to "Restart", and perform the above. I think that would help with readability, and also make it useful.
1 year 7 months ago #86066

• Thank you received: 54
The simplest way, for now, to return to the original start position, is to use the Direction button and go East if you were going West initially (and vice versa), and Start a new PA. I do that once in a while to verify and refine my PA, if needed.

It also happens to me, once in a while, that I mistakenly hit the Start button right after having performed a PA, somewhat frustrating but I always have the choice of not performing the adjustments if the PA is fine.

HTH
1 year 7 months ago #86073

• Thank you received: 102
"being able to restart the polar alignment by having the mount slew back to the original source position would be great."

Try enabling the "Auto park" option. I think that does what you're asking for.

1 year 7 months ago #86102
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds