INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 3.6.1: Missing all device icons in Ekos if only 1 device is not connected

• Thank you received: 15
Hi,

just built KStars/Ekos 3.6.1 stable and Indi 1.9.8 and encountered the following behavior/problem:

If just 1 device of the profile is not connected, all other Ekos device icons are missing, too.

In KStars 3.6.0 / Indi 1.9.7 I could leave the mount disconnected (for example for taking dark frames with just the camera connected), but the camera icon in Ekos was nevertheless present and I was able to take an image series. Now, it seems I have to switch on all devices that are defined in the profile.

Is this intended?

CS, Bernd
1 year 5 months ago #86698

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Addendum: The ZWO EAF focuser seems to be an exception. Even though it is defined in the profile, it doesn't matter at all whether it is connected or not. Ekos shows all icons in both cases.
1 year 5 months ago #86699

Yes this is intended due to changes relating to optical trains. It might be changed in the future, we'll see.
1 year 5 months ago #86709

Thanks Jasem for the clarification.

CS
1 year 5 months ago #86712

• Thank you received: 19
Hi all,
I just stumbled over the same issue. IMHO it is ok to not show the device icons if an important device (e.g. the camera) is not connected. The "problem" I have is, that I use sometimes a joystick so in my profiles the joystick is selected in the aux devices. Until now it doesnt matter if I connected the joystick or connect it from the beginning or at a time during the session, also disconnecting it is no problem.
In the 3.6.1 version I can not start to work without the joystick connected. This means that I have to have two profile: one with joystick and one without. And at the moment I dont know what happens if I disconnect the joystick in the profile "with joystick"...

It would be very helpful to change this behaviour. Perhaps there are also other situations where this current behaviour is not useful or at least obstructive.

Best regards

Juergen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
1 year 5 months ago #86753

• Thank you received: 370
It should work now as expected, please build with the latest version.
1 year 5 months ago #86781

Hi Wolfgang.
I just tried the latest update from ppa and it worked :-) Thank you for the prompt fixing!

Regards

Jürgen
1 year 5 months ago #86787

• Thank you received: 370
In this case I was only the messenger, the honors fixing it are going to Jasem!
1 year 5 months ago #86788

I built the KStars commit "Check focuser for connection status as well" from yesterday ( 072890a34010978671366c9c37776e5c752aaf8e ). In my case the behavior didn't change. With the mount disconnected, all the necessary modules are still not visible. May be that the update only affects "unimportant" devices like joysticks and not essential ones like cam or mount?

In other words, do still have all devices defined in the optical trains to be connected for the modules to show up?
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Bernd Limburg.
1 year 5 months ago #86792

Hi Bernd,
I tried the simulators without connecting to my EQMod mount. For me it works. But I use the latest ppa update, don't compile myself. Ther is the warning that EKOS failed to connect to EQMod, but all other icons are shown.

Regards

Jürgen
1 year 5 months ago #86797
Attachments:

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for your answer, will try tomorrow. At least a joystick which is defined in the profile now doesn’t need to be connected anymore for the icons to appear. :)

CS, Bernd
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Bernd Limburg.
1 year 5 months ago #86819

Connecting only the cam without focuser and mount results in no module icons. I built latest KStars 3.6.1 and Indi 1.9.8.

"Cam only" is my setup for taking darks or flats, because in my case the telescopes are not attached to the mount then. Of course I can connect the mount anyway (and focuser, if necessary), so it's no showstopper, obviously.
1 year 5 months ago #86869

Time to create page: 1.152 seconds