INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Player One Uranus-C IMX585 Capture

• Thank you received: 5
So I've updated my Astroberry system to version 2.0.5, and KStars to v 3.6.0, and I'm running some tests with my Player One Uranus-C IMX585-based camera.

Ekos recognizes the camera, but my file options are FITS or Native, RAW 8-bit, RAW 16-bit, RGB24, and Luma. The camera is a 12-bit camera, so I assume I have to set the camera to record at RAW 16-bit in order to capture the full bit depth data.

However when I do that Ekos only captures the first image it shoots, and then hangs indefinitely. I have to shut down and restart the Ekos session in order to have access to the camera again. If I set the file format from FITS to Native in any bit depth, Ekos simply crashes.

If I set the camera to RAW 8-bit or RGB24, then Ekos can capture a successive series of FITS files without issue, but these are 8-bit per channel format.

Below are the basic settings I have for the Uranus-C.

So how can you get Ekos to record the full bit-depth data from the 12 bit per channel data coming out of the camera?

Thanks.
1 year 5 months ago #87299
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
It's never reassuring when there is no reply to a serious problem with INDI/Ekos...
1 year 5 months ago #87481

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds