INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Optical train overkill ?

• Thank you received: 14
Another issue. I am trying to set up a Manual Filter. The predefined ones are R,G,B,Ha,SII.
I used the Optical Train editor and added OII and Luminance for completeness
I clicked "Add New"
Vendor: Manual Filter
Colour: OIII
I left the other defaults, then clicked Save.
This seemed to have worked - the OT editor shows the new Manual Filters as ID 189. 190, 191.

When I start EKOS I get an error message to say my ASI Filter wheel is missing (it is not connected).
My profile has EQMod, QHY, myFocuserPro2 and Manual Filter.
If I ignore the error then the drop down filter selector in the sequencing tab does not mention the additional filters.
If I disconnect from EKOS and restart, then the new filters have disappeared. I guess I am not doing it right ?
1 year 4 months ago #88058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
Ok I had some problems with Manual Filter.
First It seems I have to set the Filter to -- (blank) on all the unused optical trains (I had them set to ASI FW). Even though I am not using them otherwise EKOS
generates an error on startup.

Also I was under the mistaken impression that I could edit the values for Manual Filter by adding new entries for Manual Filter in Optical Train under Filter.
This is not the case - you need to edit the .indi driver config file 'Manual Filter_config.xml' and add the correct entries and also the MAX slots value.
Some more learning curves...........
1 year 4 months ago #88063

• Thank you received: 8
what about adding a summary of the items that are part of the train on the empty space of the train's dropdown?
1 year 4 months ago #88114
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 69
You can sort of do that yourself, by renaming your Primary train to a name that includes extra info e.g. "Primary Celestron Esprit 120 Man Filter FCube Nikon"
1 year 4 months ago #88131

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds