INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot add again 'project schedule' to the scheduler after it finishes.

• Thank you received: 13
Hi,

Ekos 3.6.1 on a MeLe computer.

I am having an issue with the scheduler. I generate a list of exposures (lets say 20x180s) and put it to run 2 times. If after those 40 shots are done I try to add more jobs using the same schedule list, no matter the repetition settings, it says that there are no more pending jobs and the scheduler finishes. If I clean the schedule list completely and I add them from scratch, or add any other project, it still fails to start. I see there is a button to reset the status of the jobs, and another one to append new jobs, but they do nothing. They add some kind of empty/ghost jobs with no text and still the scheduler decides not to run them. Am I doing something wrong?

I stupidly cleaned the logs so I cannot copy the exact text here, but I guess it should be simple to simulate.
1 year 4 months ago #88179

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Sounds like remember job progress is selected. Try to add the job with 4 times. Then it will run twice again until it is completed.

The explanation is, that the number of repeats is used to calculate, how many frames should be captured. If there are already some present (from a previous night or from another job), these frames are considered and the job will only try to run until the overall amount is reached.

HTH
Wolfgang
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger.
1 year 4 months ago #88183

• Thank you received: 559
I just tested the following (in the simulator).
- Made a job with "Repeat for 2 runs".
- Ran the job to completion.
- I tried to re-run the job (and I have "remember job progress" checked in KStars->settings->Ekos->scheduler), and yes it does not want to run.
- I edited the scheduler job, by double clicking on it, changed the completion condition to be "Repeat for 4 runs", and clicked the checkbox above the jobs table to apply the change to the scheduler job.
- I then tred to run the job again, and it did run 2 more times.

Can you try this and see if your jobs run?
As Wolfgang also suggested, another approach is to move the previous captures to another directory.
1 year 4 months ago #88184

True, I forgot we can edit jobs !!! I didn't try that. What U did was to move the captures to another folder. The problem is that now I have some duplication of filenames.
1 year 4 months ago #88196

• Thank you received: 9
Append timestamps (TS) to filenames. This will ensure files names are unique.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Ray.
1 year 4 months ago #88198

I still find this confusing. Added twice a mosaic schedule, but somehow the jobs for the 2 runs share the status, therefore it will run only once. There should be an option to keep looping over the jobs of the mosaic I think.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Mireia.
1 year 4 months ago #88330
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 370
If you want to run the same job twice, you need to increase the number of iterations of the second one. This is necessary as long as you have the „remember job progress“ selected.

The reason behind is that the number of repeats is used to calculate how many frames need to be captured until the job completes

Take a LLRGB capture sequence and set two repeats. Then this job will run as long as 4xL, 2xR, 2xG, 2xB is present. If this succeeds during the first night, the job will be completed. Otherwise, in the next night you can restart the job and it will run as long as all frames are present. If e.g. only one G is missing, it will capture exactly this frame.

If you add the same job twice, it will be completed as soon as the first one is completed.

What you mean is that with the second run you want to double the number of frames to be captured. Therefore you need to set the repeat value of the second job to the double value of the first one.

After the first one has completed, the second one will be considered. Before starting, the scheduler recognises that there are already some frames present and will run only as long as the calculated number of the second job have been captured.

This might sound complicated, but it gives you the option to restart jobs over several nights. If you want a strict behaviour without taking into account of existing frames, deselect the remember job progress option.

HTH
Wolfgang
1 year 4 months ago #88377

Time to create page: 0.966 seconds