INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Having an issue with plate solver since new update.

• Thank you received: 0
Hey,

Setup my rig to do some imaging this evening and had just recently updated astroberry with the new indi updates etc.

I'm having an issue with plate solving.. indi seems to be increasing my focal length and my focal ratio instead of applying the reducer/barlow info correctly, causing my plate solves to fail. eg showing 420 (424) instead of 336mm with a 0.8x reducer.

Before posting, I tried setting the reducer to 1, and had another go at it.. it now detects it correctly? I'm not entirely sure what's going on.. is ekos detecting the reduction in focal length automatically or am i missing something obvious?

If there are any updated manuals for the new features please point me in the right direction! thank you.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Ciarán.
1 year 4 months ago #88270

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
With mine when it platesolves it works out what the real focal length is and updates the setting - the figure in brackets. At least it did, I’ve just updated my astroberry and now I cannot even get my mount working with kstars just crashing out when I try and start ekos…
1 year 4 months ago #88271

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, it's what I suspected but it was confusing to me as there's a place holder for barlow/reducers when you add your various scope and guide scope info and not how it used to work.

Sorry to hear your mount is kicking up.. what's happening exactly?
1 year 4 months ago #88272

• Thank you received: 12
Not entirely sure. I try and start ekos/indi via kstars and kstars crashes. Try kstars again and it is able to connect to the now running instance but the driver for the mount fails to start. Got to do some digging around in log files to try and work out what’s upset it.
1 year 4 months ago #88284

• Thank you received: 10

From what I understand, a known issue in the current version of KStars/INDI that should be fixed in the next version... still a few weeks out.
In the mean time, if you are using optical trains, simply set it at what the reducer/correct would b in the "Telescope" definition area.

Seems like since the introduction of optical trains, the system is taking numerous dumps on itself. I DO like the idea of optical trains... but seems that so far implementation has been problematic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ciarán
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Tracy Perry.
1 year 4 months ago #88285

• Thank you received: 72
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ciarán
1 year 4 months ago #88286

Time to create page: 1.493 seconds