INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New MacOS Beta version 3.6.2, please test

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Rob,

My crashes occurred immediately after I selected the 'Run' button in Ekos. The system would not even get as far as displaying the Indi Control Panel. Having read Peters post as well, I wanted to say, in my case, rebooting the Mac didn't result in a change. I've attached three log files from this morning (I had to re-install 3.6.2 first). Again, happy to provide more information.
1 year 3 months ago #88631
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Hey guys,

I had a thought that maybe there was an issue with the build since I recently updated to Ventura so maybe there might be an issue with that. So I just tried a complete rebuild which should get everything freshly built or downloaded. I am thinking that maybe this will help, but it is not guaranteed. It is possible there is a bug in INDI or something else.

Please try this new one and see if it is any better.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.6.2-beta2.dmg

Thanks,

Rob
1 year 3 months ago #88642

Hi Rob,

Tried the Beta 2 file and got the same results as before. The moment I start the Ekos profile there's a brief flash of the Indi Control Panel and then EKOS and KStars simply crashes/quits. I've attached four log files (apparently two are created each time I launched KStars and then tried to start EKOS).

Let me know if I can share any other information.
1 year 3 months ago #88657
Attachments:

Thanks! That was an important experiment to test
1 year 3 months ago #88667

Ok I am noticing a trend in your logs that you attached. It seems that it is somehow related to the filter wheel somehow. Next, It could be something with that driver or KStars, or a config file. So a good next test would be to remove that driver from the profile and see if you still get a crash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 3 months ago #88668

Hi Rob,

I removed the Manual Filter from the configuration and tried multiple relaunches, including after a system restart. Still the same result. I've attached log files for you from the runs without the filter. It's strange because this configuration runs fine under 3.6.1.
1 year 3 months ago #88670

• Thank you received: 104
Hi Rob,

I take a look to the file in your beta2 package and find wrong link to your user directory.

ls -l KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 763504 30 nov 06:48 libLimeSuite.20.10-1.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 94 30 nov 06:50 libLimeSuite.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libLimeSuite.20.10-1.dylib
-rw-r--r-- 1 pch staff 309008 30 nov 06:48 libPlayerOneCamera.3.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 94 30 nov 06:50 libPlayerOneCamera.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPlayerOneCamera.3.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 1145200 30 nov 06:49 libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 87 30 nov 06:50 libSDL2-2.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
-rw-r--r-- 1 pch staff 4988128 30 nov 06:48 libSVBCameraSDK.1.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 91 30 nov 06:50 libSVBCameraSDK.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libSVBCameraSDK.1.dylib
1 year 3 months ago #88672

Thank you Patrick! I will check that
1 year 3 months ago #88673

Patrick, you might be on to something. I just looked at the previous DMG I made and all the links to libraries are relative links whereas somehow this current dmg has some absolute links which could very much cause a problem like this on somebody else's system but not mine since on mine the files exist. I don't think I changed anything in the build script that could cause this and I don't think INDI changed. So let me see if this is change in craft or if it has something to do with Ventura. I recently updated to Ventura.

This is why you guys are so important! Thanks!
1 year 3 months ago #88674

Ok, I investigated the cause of the absolute links and it turns out it was due to a change I had made to the script between 3.6.1 and 3.6.2. I had added a couple of symbolic links in the script but I had made the links to the full path of the files by accident. So I just made a correction to it and built another dmg.

Please see if this one works. 3rd time is the charm I hope.

Thank you Patrick for the clue! Hopefully it was just the links and isn't something wrong with those two drivers.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.6.2-beta3.dmg

Thanks,

Rob
1 year 3 months ago #88675

Rob - unfortunately I am getting the same result. I've attached log files for your review. Regrettably I don't have the technical chops to interpret the information.
1 year 3 months ago #88676
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 155
I just downloaded and tried your lastest version Rob.
I also have the exact same problems I had earlier.

1. EKOS opens up fine, but it crashes to the desktop as soon as I try and connect the Moonlight Nitecrawler focuser/rotator, or AAG Cloudwatcher.
However, these devices load fine: Nexdome, ZWO EFW, ASI1600MM, SX CCD Lodestar, and iOptron CEM120. As long as I don't launch the Cloudwatcher or Nightcrawler it seems fine. But once I g back and try and load with of those two, KStars crashes to the desktop.

2. After crashing, NOTHING will load up until I reboot the Mac. If I skip rebooting, and just try to launch ANY device it will crash. But after a reboot, I can launch EKOS and load all those devices I listed above, except the Nitecrawler or Cloudwatcher. Those crash the whole system.

3. Version 3.6.2 beta (build 2022-10-28) works fine with all my devices.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Peter Kennett.
1 year 3 months ago #88677

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds