INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New MacOS Beta version 3.6.2, please test

• Thank you received: 33
I have run kstars-3.6.2-beta2.dmg on macOS 11.7.1.
It worked in a simulator profile.
It crashed repeatedly in my real profiles.
Another point : kstars-3.6.2-beta2 is not localised (es störrt mir aber nicht)
Thanks Rob
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Jean-Claude JESIOR.
1 year 4 months ago #88729

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Yes definitely agree that we should not post the 3.6.2 version until we figure out what is going on with it. I will ask Jasem why it is posted.
1 year 4 months ago #88734

Also, I did a bunch of testing last night with various devices and profiles and various pi’s. The only time I could get it to crash was when I tried to start a profile on a remote indiserver that was using an older indi. When kstars connected to it, it worked at first, but the minute I tried to take a picture it crashed. After experimenting to see why it crashed, I found that the image trains combo box was blank and was not editable. I am thinking that the cause of this is that there is some incompatibility between the older version of indi and image trains? The crash was caused for me because it tried to access a camera that did not exist in the image train.

So now I am wondering, for you guys that experienced crashes, did you get to the point where it connected and can you see if the image trains combo boxes in Ekos are blank?
1 year 4 months ago #88735

Also just a point of clarification. It sounds like a Simulator profile is fine, but real equipment is not. But also that local is fine, but remote indiserver is not. Is that correct? Or does it crash if you do non simulator devices on the local machine? Also does it crash if you do simulator on a remote indiserver?
1 year 4 months ago #88737

I can confirm the crash and posted an issue here: github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1778
1 year 4 months ago #88738

Also note Jasem made an indi issue report on Github

github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1778
1 year 4 months ago #88739

Sorry, I think we simultaneously posted.
1 year 4 months ago #88740

• Thank you received: 28
Rob,

To answer an earlier question, I am running KStars on a Mac desktop and connecting to a StellarMate OS remote Indi Server running on a RPi. I had the worry that the RPi wasn't current and did a software update to the latest release of the StellarMate OS. I got the same result - crash when starting the profile. It crashes immediately so I don't get as far as looking at optical trains.
1 year 4 months ago #88744

• Thank you received: 155
Abd just to add clarity - I am running KStars on a Mac mini desktop computer directly connected to my equipment. I am not going through a separate INDI server. No middleman.
1 year 4 months ago #88745

Ok guys, thanks for the updates.

Frederick, I think in one of these messages you said you installed KStars and then reinstalled the other version. Just so you know, you should be able to have more than one version on your machine. I do that all the time. So, you could always download a dmg and put kstars on the desktop for example and you would not have to delete the one that works well for you. I always keep a well tested version around even though I am always trying new things. Testing should not cause any issues for your actual observing.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frederick Ruegsegger
1 year 4 months ago #88747

• Thank you received: 28
Thanks Rob - I'll do that!
1 year 4 months ago #88748

Hey guys,

pawel just did a bunch of work and Jasem told me this morning and I rebuilt from scratch. I just tested it and it resolved the problem that I observed the other day (and mentioned earlier in this thread) when testing with an older remote indiserver. I am hoping that the error you guys observed is related since the crash report looked similar to mine and both seemed to be related to parsing information about the devices when indiserver connects (if I understand the issues correctly).

Here is the new dmg. Please try it out. I know it says 3.6.3 beta inside the app, but we would get the fix into 3.6.2 stable if it works.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.6.2-beta4.dmg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Claude JESIOR, Frederick Ruegsegger
1 year 4 months ago #88770

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds