INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connecting to INDI Web Manager fails first time

• Thank you received: 5
I have the Stellarmate OS installed on my RPi4. The first time I try to connect in Ekos, I get a failure. If I just hit Connect a second time, it works fine. Is there anything I can change to get an initial connection? It is not a big deal, but it seems like this should work the first time.

2022-12-08T10:05:25 Remote devices established. Please connect devices.
2022-12-08T10:05:25 INDI services started. Connection to remote INDI server stellarmate.local:7,624 is successful. Waiting for devices...
2022-12-08T10:05:25 Connecting to remote INDI server at stellarmate.local on port 7,624 ...
2022-12-08T10:05:25 Starting profile on remote INDI Web Manager...
2022-12-08T10:05:24 Establishing communication with remote INDI Web Manager...

2022-12-08T10:05:17 Failed to connect to remote INDI server stellarmate.local:7,624
2022-12-08T10:05:15 Connecting to remote INDI server at stellarmate.local on port 7,624 ...
2022-12-08T10:05:15 Warning: INDI Web Manager is not online.
2022-12-08T10:05:08 Establishing communication with remote INDI Web Manager...

Here is what my profile looks like:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Bill Tschumy. Reason: Added profile image
1 year 3 months ago #88893
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shouldn't "Auto connect" be checked?
1 year 3 months ago #88895

I don't think so. This is what the docs say about it:

Auto Connect: Check this option to enable automatic connection to all your devices after INDI server is started. If unchecked, INDI devices are created but not automatically connected. This is useful when you want to make changes to the driver (e.g. change baud rate or IP address or any other settings) before you connect to it.

So it seem this feature is for automatically connecting the devices after connecting to the server. I don't want my devices automatically connected because there is a problem where my filter wheel is non-functional that way, possibly do to the order or timing of connecting. I need to startup with them non-connected so I can start the camera first and then the wheel (this is probably another bug).

I seems perhaps that the connection to the web server times out before it can get started and respond.
1 year 3 months ago #88897

And if I do enable that option, connecting to the Web Manager still fails the first time.
1 year 3 months ago #88898

In addition to my original question of why starting the Web Manager fails the first time, could someone please explain why the Web Manager is needed? If I change my profile to not use the web server, Ekos always fails to connect to the INDI server on my remote Rpi4.

The docs say this:

INDI Web Manager is a simple Web Application to manage INDI server. It supports multiple driver profiles along with optional custom remote drivers. It can be used to start INDI server locally, and also to connect or chain to remote INDI servers. It is especially useful to install on remote Raspberry PIs installations where you can easily startup INDI server without needing to SSH into the device. Furthermore, the Web Manager provides a RESTful API where you can issue simple calls to start and stop INDI services over the network.

This implies the Web Manger needs to be used to start the INDI server on the remote device. Isn't there some way to have the INDI server automatically startup when the RPi boots? That would eliminate the need for it in most cases.
1 year 3 months ago #88908

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds