INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Several problems with Kstars 3.6.2 Stable on Mac Mini

• Thank you received: 0
After working on a Raspberry Pi for years I am now trying to make Kstars working on a Mac Mini with Intel i5 CP and MacOS 12.0.1
In the process I am running into a number of problems:
    1. The train profile does not work. The drop down is grayed out. See separate thread:
Link>
2. My Atik FW2 is not recognized and does not start up although it is connected, powered up and is part of the profile
3. When trying to make an image with my Atik camera I see two behaviors: either it starts and does not complete (hangs) or Kstar chashes
4. Problem of overlapping windows that has already been reported in a separate thread: Link>

I attach some screenshots and the log file. Hope someone can help.
1 year 2 months ago #89512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Same issue with optical trains n 3.6.3. Have you solved it?
1 year 1 month ago #90443

Hi Alfredo,

Unfortunately not. Neither have I received any response to my post yet.

BR | Marcel
1 year 1 month ago #90473

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Marcel,

Regarding the issue of the optical train selection being grayed out, you didn't post the Optical Train configuration amongst the screen shots. How many trains have you configured? It was hard to tell whether the little editing pencil next to the Optical Train drop down was also grayed out which would present a challenge!
1 year 1 month ago #90489

Hi Frederick,

Thanks for your response. The box and the pencil are grayed out.

BR

Marcel
1 year 1 month ago #90490

I can confirm this issue on MacOS. It's not even optical trains per se, but it goes beyond that. I'm trying to build a dev environment on MacOS but it's been unsuccessful so far, hopefully Robert can help since he's the expert on this matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfredo Beltran
1 year 1 month ago #90504

• Thank you received: 28
I'm curious to learn about the resolution to this. I'm running KStars/EKOS 3.6.3 Stable on a Mac Studio running Ventura 13.2. I don't connect directly to my mount from the Mac but rather have an RPi running the StellarMate OS and use it as an INDI server. I communicate with the RPi over my local network. I am not having the problem with the grayed out Optical Trains selections. Is this a difference between connecting directly to the Mac vs using an RPi remotely?
1 year 1 month ago #90514

• Thank you received: 1
Any news on this, Jasem?
1 year 1 month ago #90596

• Thank you received: 809
I don't think I saw this when you posted it a month ago, but Jasem did contact me the other day, sorry I haven't had a chance to look into it because I have been really busy. So when Imaging Trains first came out as a feature and I built it for the first time, I had an issue where the camera was not selected, it was grayed out and I had to make a couple of trains, switch from Primary to secondary on every module, and then come back to the primary on each module. After I did that, everything worked as expected. I believe that Jasem or someone else did fix this initial bug that I had. But for me on my MacOS system, I haven't had any issues with it since then. That being said, this does not sound like the same issue because you are saying the editor button is grayed out, right? So you can't set up a train to begin with?
1 year 1 month ago #90634

Ok I just ran an experiment. On my Mac, I renamed my kstarsrc file (~/Library/Preferences/kstarsrc) and my kstars data directory (~/Library/Application Support/kstars) so that I was then starting with pretty much a fresh setup. I went to Ekos and ran the Simulators profile (which now is the only one of course since all my others were in the other file.). So then when it started up, I saw the INDI Control window and immediately up came the Trains Editor. I didn't do anything, I simply exited that window and took a look at the various modules in Ekos. They all said "Primary" and I was able to click the edit button to add another train, which I then did, and the drop down menu worked to show both trains. So I don't think I have replicated your bug. Can you please show me how to get it to break so I can try to investigate it? One idea might be for you to try the same experiment, maybe there is something corrupted in your preferences file or your data directory? Note that if you do try the experiment, you can always return your system to its original state by deleting the newly created kstarsrc file and data directory and changing the names of the saved backups back to their original names.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfredo Beltran
1 year 1 month ago #90636

This bug manifests when you try to connect to a remote INDI server (e.g. on Rasbperry PI). It's actually not related to optical trains, but KStars does not receive proper notifications that the remote devices were created. So the chain reaction leads to optical trains not showing up, but the problem is that ISD::ConcreteDevice is not emitting the ready() signal for some reason. I was suspecting a timing or race issue, but I couldn't investigate further since I couldn't build KStars on my M1 machine :(
1 year 1 month ago #90637

So why would I not see this bug? Because I already have my devices and profiles all set up both on my system and my PI already?
1 year 1 month ago #90638

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds