INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Exoplanet Catalog

• Thank you received: 1
I've started trying to observe exoplanet transits. I use the scheduler at the excellent exoclock.space site to pick targets but needed an exoplanet catalog in kstars.
I created a kstars database using information from openexoplanetcatalogue.com. I've attached my database here in case its of use to anyone else.

Cheers,
Andy

File Attachment:

File Name: openexoplanet.zip
File Size:301 KB
1 year 2 months ago #89842
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Exoplanet Catalog

Thank you, is there a REST service to query the planets? This could be added to KStars directly. We had supernovae data as well but unfortunately the online service was shutdown last year and now we are without an online supernovae source as well.
1 year 2 months ago #89855

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Tomas Kalisch on topic Exoplanet Catalog

Try the website ETD - Exoplanet Transit Database - var2.astro.cz/ETD/index.php
1 year 2 months ago #89864

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Andy McGregor on topic Exoplanet Catalog

I created the database above a while ago using an xml file from the OpenExoplanet git repository github.com/OpenExoplanetCatalogue/open_exoplanet_catalogue/

As well as Tomas' link I think there are another a couple of possibilities with published API info.
So I've been taking part in the Exoclock project. They have a really nice scheduler to help you pick which transits would be available from your location and with your equipment and they are building a database of verified observations.
You can access that database programtically and there are even python code snippets for doing that here www.exoclock.space/database/planets

NASA also have an exoplanet database and details of its API are here exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/docs/program_interfaces.html
That's probably a more complete database.
1 year 2 months ago #89866

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds