INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is there a way to reuse a sequence file?

• Thank you received: 155
I had a sequence take 30 images flawlessly.
Now I want to re-load the same sequence file and run it again, but EKOS tells me that it is done, and I can't see how to reset the sequence back to zero.
Is there a way?

Peter
1 year 1 month ago #90009

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 274
You can move the files you've already captured or turn off the scheduler option "Remember job progress" (but that will have other consequences).
1 year 1 month ago #90018

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Peter,

I hope I'm making the right assumption that the sequence you're referring to is the .esl type the Scheduler uses. I've had the same thing happen. My workaround was to create an .esq file in the Capture module and reuse that in the Scheduler as needed. That way the sequence restarts at 0 and all the Capture module settings are carried over from the .esq file.

I've had some limited success in loading an .esq file from a mosaic I was working into the Capture module and editing the frame count there to 'fool' EKOS into taking additional frames but I never found a way to reset the frames taken number. Then I reloaded the edited .esl file into the Scheduler. It is a bit tedious. Perhaps others here have an easier way.
1 year 1 month ago #90026

• Thank you received: 28
Peter - just thought of another thing to look at. In the Capture module, select Options in the bottom right corner. With EKOS selected in the Configure window, select the Capture tab. There is a selection for "Always reset sequence when starting". Check out the tool tip there for how this might interact with the Scheduler - maybe that helps?
1 year 1 month ago #90028

I thought this is done by unchecking Remember Job Progress in the settings.

Peter, completely unrelated question. Do you connect to your mount over WiFi? If yes, can you use it directly with Ekos without performing some sort of alignment first with the hand controller?
1 year 1 month ago #90036

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds