INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guide module showing off centre drifting

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I have been running my EQ8 mount successfully, over the years, using the Ekos Guide module set up to use a separate guider camera. Just recently I have noticed that the drift plot is showing the guidance is off centre:

This is now causing my images to veer out of my 2 arcsec limit. I am guessing that the instructions sent to the EQ8 (set point) and the actual returned measured position do not agree, particularly in dRA axis. I have checked and adjusted polar alignment which seems okay. Is this an issue with the EQ8 hardware or is there something else I can do to locate/fix the actual problem?

Many thanks,
Dave
1 year 1 month ago #90724
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
One thing to check is if the mount is using sidereal tracking rate, I once had lunar tracking rate enabled by accident as I had images Moon earlier and then moved to deep sky objects.
1 year 1 month ago #90725

Jarno, I think you may have identified the problem!!!
I recall setting track mode to Lunar a little while ago and forgot about it. I checked the EQMod page of the indi control panel but it showed Sideral as being set. However, when I switch Tracking on (via Ekos Mount module), a quick message is displayed at the bottom of Kstars main window saying it is in Lunar tracking mode! I then re-selected Sideral in the control panel and now message shows it is in Sideral mode. So, hopefully that's it. Just got to wait for a clear night to test. Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
1 year 1 month ago #90757

Yep, that was it. Lunar instead of Sideral :)
1 year 1 month ago #90823

Time to create page: 0.662 seconds