INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Offset messed up with QHY5LII

• Thank you received: 7
Hi,I have a QHY5L-II mono camera as guiding cam. Since updating to indi2 kstars 3.6.3, offset values are set randomly once camera is connected and gain value is always set to 1, despite the value I set previously. No need to restart ekos to reproduce it. Only disconnect and connect the camera:

connected:

disconnect:

connected again:

m
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Miguel .
1 year 1 month ago #91222
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you go to Options --> Configuration --> Load, the values are not updated from config?
1 year 1 month ago #91235

Jasem, loading the config works. It is strange cause I do not recall to load manually the config in previous versions.
I have another qhy camera (268) and I don't need to load manually the config. Gain and offset (among other) values are loaded automatically. Maybe the config is saved in the camera memory but does not happen with the qhy5? Is is possible to load such config automatically?
1 year 1 month ago #91239

It is loaded automatically in Ekos unless you toggled this option off. Check Settings --> Configure KStars --> Ekos --> Configuration
1 year 1 month ago #91240

it is quite weird. I had that option enabled:

I've been doing some tests and also running iwatch to see which files are begin accessed.
After a fresh boot of the OS, I open ekos and the settings are successfully read and are set. If I disconnect manually the camera and connect it again, config is not loaded (I can see with iwatch that the XML file is not accessed). I have to load manually with Load button.
Stopping ekos, exiting kstars and opening again: qhy5 config file is not read (other config files are read: mount, focuser, etc.). Stopping ekos, exiting kstars and restarting indi drivers (ekos does no start indi drivers automatically, I prefer to keep them separated): all the config files are read (including qhy5) and config are set.

This is not a major problem since I can load manually the config, but it seems it presents a strange behaviour
1 year 1 month ago #91241
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds