INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_getprop mount busy or not

• Thank you received: 34
I have to admit I dont fully understand how it works. I just "reverse engineered" the values I got in EQMOD-Tool.
I put that in an excel sheet and used it for a year using kstarts to manually slew to the RA values.
I found It more handy to have an extra tool for this and this is my approach.
Basically you only need to calculate "24:00:00 - PolarisCurrentHourAngle + MountCurrentRA" and you get the final RA position
where Polaris has to be centered in the small circle. DEC is not taken into account.
IF I finish this and it works I will do some tests to get some typical alignment error values to compare to the other standart aligning methods.
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
7 years 10 months ago #8889

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic indi_getprop mount busy or not

Ok.
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
7 years 10 months ago #8890
Attachments:

@knro when I start indiserver on my RaspberryPi which is connected to the mount and I query
the property "indi_getprop -h rp 'EQMod Mount.TIME_UTC.UTC'" where does this time come from?
Is this the system time from the Raspberry or from the indi client that connects to the server?
7 years 10 months ago #8891

• Thank you received: 375
@knro We can calculate this value using PolarisCurrentHourAngle from indi_gpsd driver. Adding just a single switch to eqmod_driver would slew to correct RA position for visual polar alignement. I believe it would be very useful.
7 years 10 months ago #8892

I have to correct, it should be ((24:00:00 - PolarisCurrentHourAngle) + MountCurrentRA).
7 years 10 months ago #8893

• Thank you received: 375
AFAIK as we add and substract the result would be exactly the same ;)
7 years 10 months ago #8894

its time for a break :lol:
7 years 10 months ago #8895

I finally managed to reach my humble :whistle: approach to retrieve the mounts status by querying this four indiserver properties:
RASTATUS.RARunning
RASTATUS.RAGoto
DESTATUS.DERunning
DESTATUS.DEGoto.

I also took a look at the indi api and the tutorial_client but that's way to much for my cognitive-low-beginner brain, I' stick to indi_setprop.

Yesterday I did a quick polaris alignment test with my app with just a cheap 180mm lens/Canon on my mount. There was definitely some inaccuracy between the DSLR and the prism rail but at the end the final Ekos Goto Alignment showed me an initial "target is within degrees of solution coordinates" of 3°53'47''. Then I tried some exposures up to 4 minutes without any major deviation in the stars which I think is quite good for an optical only polaris alignment. The 180mm lens is certainly not suitable for measuring deviation but it is the only optics I currently have until I can afford my desired newton :)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by pauledd.
7 years 9 months ago #9164

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds