INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos & INDI Web Manager

Ekos profiles now support INDI Web Manager. If you add a profile to Ekos and checked "INDI Web Manager", then when you start the profile, it create the profile on the INDI Web Manager and then start/stop it as required.

Note: You must delete the $HOME/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite for this to work.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 9 months ago #8903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
This option looks really useful as it maybe answers a question I have about profiles. As they exist in indi remote and local kstars which one takes preference and must the profiles match?
Also the note about removal would only apply to kstars/ekos on Linux. How about kstars for windows?

Regards.
SW Equinox 80ED, ZWO 120mm, Pegasus FocusCube, EQMod (EQ5 Pro)
7 years 6 months ago #10174

Ekos does not know about remote profiles that already exist on the device, it only knows about local profiles. But it supports creating remote profile IF you create that profile on Ekos. It's the same in Linux and Windows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive Davies
7 years 6 months ago #10177

• Thank you received: 4
I have now installed a local copy of Ubuntu Mate alongside Windows (Dual boot). On Ubuntu I have installed Kstars, etc. Using the profile editor on Ekos (Ubuntu local) I notice that the driver options are less than the list on Windows. I am specifically trying to setup an test a GPS unit and cannot find the driver listed under Aux.

Have I missed an install as I have done all updates and am using Kstars bleeding.

Regards.

** Update **

Found that basic install didn't add the 3rd part devices, so used synaptic to resolve. GPS driver now loaded but errors with no gpsd running. Found gpsd needed?? (Why is this not installed) Fixed agian with synaptic, now Indi connects to GPS device but will not get a fix and seems to get no updates from GPS unit.

GPS Unit: G-STAR IV (BU-353S4) USB connected
Latest ? Kstars on Ubuntu-mate

Any info on what to do next would be greatly appreciated as I'm now on day 4 of 'testing'

Regards
SW Equinox 80ED, ZWO 120mm, Pegasus FocusCube, EQMod (EQ5 Pro)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Clive Davies. Reason: Spelling
7 years 6 months ago #10221

sudo apt-get install indi-full should install all 3rd party drivers. For GPS stuff, is gpsd configured with that unit?
7 years 6 months ago #10225

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by Paweł on topic Ekos & INDI Web Manager

Jasem is right. The gps driver does not do its own GPS unit communication. It depends on the gpsd/libgps combo for the gps interaction. The package does not depend on gpsd since it may be installed on a remote device. Maybe we should at least add gpsd to suggested packages?

Anyway you need to have a working and configured gpsd for this to work. Check with gpsmon if you have at least 2D fix.
The driver fetches the data from gpsd only at the start and when other devices (or user) ask for it. So there will be no
constant updates if there are no requests for the data. In the newest version I have tried to improve the handling of the lost/regained signal scenario - admitadly it is still not perfect but should work. It works on two of my systems - RasPi with adafruit gps hat and generic debian pc with GPS data logger connected over USB or BT.
7 years 6 months ago #10227

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds