INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can we bring back the OPTION to rotate after flip?

• Thank you received: 155
Usually after a meridian flip I prefer to have EKOS NOT rotate my camera. Jasem fixed EKOS about 6 months ago to stop it from automatically rotating after a flip.
But sometimes (this week for example) I have found that after a flip, that I no longer had suitable guide stars in my OAG. So I would have to go in and manually rotate the camera 180 degrees to get my original guide stars back.

Can we have an OPTION (check box for example) to have EKOS rotate the camera 180 degrees after a flip? Usually I would not need this, but if I have great guide stars, it would be ideal to keep them. Thus is especially important with narrow FOV scopes like the C11.
10 months 4 weeks ago #93083

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This was never actually implemented. What you experienced before was actually a bug that was later fixed.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93096

Ok, but that bug worked well to allow us to maintain the same guide stars. It would be a neat option to have.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93097

• Thank you received: 23
Is it the same as when you use Load and Sleve option with an image the was taken before the meriadian flip and you use this image after flip, the procedure say that you have to rotate the camera, but this is not necessary
10 months 3 weeks ago #93105

Yes, I can either use load and slew to an image taken before the flip or I simply have EKOS rotate my rotator 180 degrees. Either way does the same thing and it will give me the same guide stars as before the flip.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93106

• Thank you received: 23
I think that could be inserted and usefully an option to enable/disable the frame check if if is rotated by 180° as in the case of the meridian flip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
10 months 3 weeks ago #93107

• Thank you received: 74
Hi Peter
Are you working with jobs and with KStars 3.6.5?
I don't remember if the following works with 3.6.4, but with KStars 3.6.5 it does:
Check 'Save Camera Position Angle to Sequence Job' in [Rotator Settings] to save the desired camera PA to a job. Now preceding each start of this job, activation of the rotator is induced and the camera is rotated to the saved camera PA independent of the pierside.
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Toni Schriber.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93192

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds