INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

"[ERROR] Exposure failed after 3 attempts. "

• Thank you received: 0
Please help me identify what the problem may be.
I started to get this failure and am not sure whether introducing the Rolloff Roof hardware into the mix caused it although the driver has been installed for a while now. I say not sure because it came ok for a little while and I tested for a few sequences and it seemed to work ok.
When I try individual or looping frames I get the failure almost all the time. I can get one or two ok. I did not try another sequence test.
Please let me know if there is any other information required that may help.
The 2 files are for the good sequence, which will most likely have a few failures but the whole sequence of frames were captured. The other is with a lot of failures, with individual captures and looping.
Thanks in advance.
Krish
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by Krish.
9 months 4 weeks ago #93145
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42
Krish,

I looked at log _21-01-21.txt and see:
[2023-05-29T21:07:53.704 AEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ZWO CCD ASI1600MM Pro : "[DEBUG] ASIGetExpStatus failed. Restarting exposure... "
[2023-05-29T21:07:53.705 AEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ZWO CCD ASI1600MM Pro : "[DEBUG] StartExposure->setexp : 1.000s "

On my system I get similar failures consistently after 17 exposures if I run with the fits viewer enabled. If you are using the viewer, try disabling it in the KStars settings, to see if that helps.

On whether the roof driver is involved, it is not an obvious suspect. It does though appear to be having problems during the initialization and indicating roof closed during the test.
/Tom
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by wotalota. Reason: typo
9 months 4 weeks ago #93149

Thanks Tom
I will try that.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93170

Hi Tom
I did try disabling the FITS viewer. Still had the problem.
Started the hardware elimination test and it turns out it is most likely a USB adapter.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
Krish
9 months 3 weeks ago #93184

Time to create page: 0.742 seconds