INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ekos push to?

• Thank you received: 1

ekos push to? was created by Oija

Hello,

I am trying to experiment with kstars/ ekos on astroberry and my questar 3.5 on its native mount. I'm fairly certain the mount is not supported but I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the alignment and platesolving features in ekos with a non-goto or unconnected mount? basically trying to use it as a push-to solution...

Best,

Omer
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Oija .
9 months 3 weeks ago #93270

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hello Omer,
Do you have a camera attached to your Questar? If yes, then you can use the Telescope Simulator as mount in combination with appropriate driver for your camera.

With this combination you can use the alignment so that you can see on the skymap of KStars where your Questar is pointing to.

In the next release we will have a looping option so that the alignment runs continuously ant updates your mount position.

HTH
Wolfgang
9 months 3 weeks ago #93277

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Oija on topic ekos push to?

Wolfgang, appreciate the help here! Yes, I do and after posting the question, last night I tried that combination and I think it worked. Will have to give it a few tries to make sure I know what I'm doing with some confidence.

Separately, is there a way kstars will know where I'm pointed without a manual sync?

Much appreciated, once again!
9 months 3 weeks ago #93282

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds