INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS Polar Alignmnet - Result arrow direction?

• Thank you received: 3
I completed a polar alignment cycle and got to the result of an Alt error of 2 plus minutes and a Az error of 20 plus minutes. The arrow points to the left; I assume this means rotate the mount counter clockwise looking down. Is this correct?
Second question if I use the 'move star' button it sets one end of the colored triangle on the star. Assume the mount based is loosened what halppens next? What button do I press to cause the camera to take comparison images? (On my site / setup plate solving is problematid, 70% at best so it is not a practical option. )
Thanks in advance, Dan
10 months 2 weeks ago #93296

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
My intention was a left arrow meant change the azimuth to the left when standing behind the telescope. Ditto for up/down arrow. However, you should be able to tell if that's wrong by noticing if the error goes up/down when you make small movements in those directions.

Move Star (or better Move Star & Calc Error) can also work if your error is small enough for the triangle to fit on your image. Whether you use Plate Solve or Move Star, you need to adjust the mount's altitude and azimuth adjustment knobs, same as with any polar alignment scheme. You do not slew the telescope.

You need to press the 'Refresh' button to get all this started.

Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Sawyer
10 months 2 weeks ago #93298

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds