INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue during observing session

• Thank you received: 5
Dear Jasem,
Since a few evenings, I am using EKOS on a RPi2 with an EQ6-Pro and a ZWO 120MC with success.
Overall, this is a success story if I compare with the situation we were in one year ago. Today KStars and EKOS consume only 500MB and no swapping. Absolutly great!!!

I am now also resolving the position via Astrometry.net offline what is also excellent. A maximum of 3 iterations and you have the requested star or object spot on!!!

I discovered however two issues during a 7 hour session.

1. Sometimes (really not always and that is strange) when taking a series of pictures with EKOS and tghe ZWO, the system refuses starting the exposures because the sensor temperature is lower than requested. In my zwo there is no temperature control I thought, only a temperature sensor. Also the field for filling the requested temp is grayed out but nevertheless there appears a value. All of a sudden, after some starting and stopping the exposure sequens starts up.

2. After a series of 30x60s exposures and tracking to different objects with astrometry.net resolver, the centre and track on the star map reports that the requested position is below the horizon. It seems that that part of the functionality lost its current position. Slewing with the EQMOD scope works fine.

What is also annoying in EKOS is the missing button for the maximisation of the window (top right corner buttons) in the EKOS window with the tabs for controlling the EQMOD, the camera, the guiding, With a mouse on a tablet it is really difficult to find the right possition to make the window longer and larger by dragging.

Would be nice if this was solved.

Best regards,

Stefan
7 years 8 months ago #9613

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

#1 What's the message you're getting exactly?
#2 Fixed
#3 That's not an Ekos issue, you're probably using Mate/Gnome desktop or something else. If you use KDE, you'll get the "optimal experience" which I why I always recommend Kubuntu.
7 years 8 months ago #9617

Thanks!
About #1 I will record it when it happens again.
Thanks for #2
For #3 I am trying to get kde running if possible in parallel with Mate but that seems not to be easy.
7 years 7 months ago #9695

Jasem,
I followed your suggestion and tried to install ubuntu 16.04 server for RPi2 and added kde as KUBUNTU-DESKTOP from scratch.
It is not an EKOS issue, but could you point me towards making the buttons at the top-right (close, minimize and maximize the window) visible?
With KDE I do not have any button but clicking with the mouse cursor in the top right corner closes the window, so the button function is implemented but I do not see the icon.
On top of the icon issue, the system is veryvery slow. typing on the keyboard at login has a delay of a second before you see the key you pushed. I disabled already the IPv6 but at the desktop level this does not make any difference.

Stefan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Stefan Nonneman. Reason: incomplete
7 years 7 months ago #9971

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds