INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars crash after meridian flip

• Thank you received: 32
This might have been a completely random crash and unfortunately I was so tired I forgot the crash report. I'll post it here as soon as I see it again. I had a great run last night, all communication worked flawlessly, the scheduler performed great and an automatic meridian flip was performed just fine. After that flip, it started solving again, and somewhere in that process KStars reported an error, the mount parked and then KStars crashed. Maybe someone has seen this behaviour before..
7 years 7 months ago #9776

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you have the logs enabled at least? They should be in ~/.local/share/kstars/logs
7 years 7 months ago #9782

Luckily I did still have that enabled yes. Here's the part just before the flip is taking place:

So, it looks like GPhoto is timing out? I've never seen this kind of behaviour before though, but then I never did a flip either. SO it shutdown succesfully, parked the mount, stopped INDI and straight after that it crashed.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
7 years 7 months ago #9789

So besides my problem above with the Error causing the scheduler to stop and park, I today (during a dry practice of the flip) noticed that KStars also crashes when I'm just using the camera module to take a few pictures and pressing "stop" there. So it seems a 2-part problem, the error for the scheduler and the crash after trying to stop an exposure.

There's no info in the debug log about that crash, but it happened right at the moment of stopping an exposure as was the case with the scheduler last night, trying to do the same.
7 years 7 months ago #9796

There are two issues here. First is capture module timing out after meridian flip, second is the crash. But the first problem is the major cause so anyway will work on this issue, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
7 years 7 months ago #9800

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds