INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic planner problems

• Thank you received: 165
I recently changed my main imaging camera and also installed a reducer so I needed to change the camera parameters for a new mosaic, but it seems none of the spinners affected any of the FOV parameters, which remained calculated from the old setup values. I ended up changing them from kstarsrc so that they are correct when the planner starts. Also creating the job list seems to have been broken, I tried creating a 2x2 mosaic for M45 and it does create the four M45-PartN.esq files which look correct, but the job list is empty as is the M45_mosaic.esl file. This also did work at some point when I created a mosaic for M31. This happens on current PPA on both amd64 and RPi3 running Ubuntu 16.04.
7 years 2 months ago #13401

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hm, creating the mosaic now seems to work on RPi3 at least, dunno what I did differently. Changing the camera parameters still doesn't. One small wish-list item would be if the parameters could be copied from results of a successful alignment solve as that already has the fov and rotation info, that now has to be manually copied from there.
7 years 2 months ago #13417

Those values are saved so no need to enter them. Also, the mosaic tool works without INDI/Ekos, as its purpose is to create jobs only so this is why it doesn't retrieve values from INDI. For a specific camera/mount setup, the values are not expected to be different the next time you use it.
7 years 2 months ago #13458

Ah that makes sense. In my case I have three different setups (DSLR, CCD and CCD + reducer) so I need to change the values, not frequently but from time to time. Initially setting the values works (when they are in initial 0 values), but changing from one setup to another doesn't, the FOV values just don't change. Having some saveable profiles or similar would also work for me so I didn't have to look up the resolutions and pixel sizes up every time I change the setup :) Or the option to retrieve the values from a successful solve would also be good as my setup is mobile so the rotation angle isn't always exactly the same, but I could copy the value manually as well.
7 years 2 months ago #13463

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Mosaic planner problems

I noticed this too. Once section 1 Equipment information in entered and updated, it will not accept any changes.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Andrew.
7 years 2 months ago #13473

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by giuseppe on topic Mosaic planner problems

Hi,

Today i made a test at home to create a mosaic.

My focal lenght is 420 mm. Now, when i open mosaic planner i find 1430 mm (maybe i enter this value the first time that i opened mosaic planner, i can't remeber).

There's no way to have the correct FOV: the parameters of camera are correct and i can only change the value on focal lenght but the FOV don't change and are Always wrong... i tried "udpdate" but nothing change.

Reading the previous posts i tried to create a new setting but in mosaic planner i always find 1430...

The values in Ekos Mount module are always ok with 420mm and also in align module the FOV value is correct...

What's wrong? how can i change this value to create the correct mosaic? is there a setting in Kstar to change?

Maybe i have to solve a capture during live session to have the correct focal lenght value on mosaic planner?

Next week i will buy a GSO RC6 and i would like to made a mosaics some time with both configuration

i use ubuntu 16.04 lts

Thanks
7 years 1 month ago #14261

I fixed FOV re-calculation issue in KStars GIT now. The Mosaic tool is an offline planning tooll. This means it doesn't depend on INDI/Ekos running. Once you enter a new focal length and and click Update, it is supposed to use this value for all future sessions. The only thing you perhaps needs is camera rotation which you can obtain from using the solver for one time. Go to the target your are trying to image and solve there and note the rotation value. Use that value in the Mosaic tool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giuseppe
7 years 1 month ago #14286

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by giuseppe on topic Mosaic planner problems

Sorry Jasem but my issue remain the same.

i launched update, upgrade and dist-upgrade
restart pc
i start Kstar and Ekos
I open Scheduler, find an object (M42) and open an esq sequence
then i try to crate a mosaic job and i find always the same data (screen shot attached)
If i change rotation, overlap and mosaic grid the "update" button works and i can see the difference in the window; but if i change "Focal lenght" and then click on "update" nothing change and the FOV are always the same.
7 years 1 month ago #14305
Attachments:

PPA was not built, the fix was in GIT. So maybe tomorrow you'd get an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giuseppe
7 years 1 month ago #14306

Time to create page: 0.727 seconds