INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstar crashes on new Lubuntu virtual machine

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I just made a fresh install of a Lubuntu virtual machine on a Win10 host, and installed kstars and Ekos along with the astrometry files. What I experience is a series of crashes, either when focusing or aligning. Not just once, but maybe 10 times. I attach the last kstars log. What to do, what to check with it?

I should perhaps add that I connect to the Indi server remotely, it runs on a Raspberry Pi at the telescope.

Magnus
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Magnus Larsson.
7 years 2 months ago #14474
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
I also run on lubuntu. Recently started getting crashes on slews. image was working just fine, something may have changed in an update.
7 years 2 months ago #14505

Hi!

Tonight, with an dist-upgrade, focusing module consistently crashes Kstars and Ekos. Each time I try to autofocus, it crashes. What kind of debug can I do for this?

Magnus
7 years 2 months ago #14542

• Thank you received: 87
Hi! I was loosing my mind foi being the only person with this problem!
Unfortunately it's happening to you too and started again with my RPi3. On x64 it's solved.

I have reported it here : indilib.org/forum/focusers-filter-wheels...-crashes-kstars.html

Can you please take a look and confirm if that is what is happening to you?
7 years 2 months ago #14547

Hi!

Sounds very similar to what I have. Jasem looked at it last night and posted an update, it's in the PPA now. Unfortunately, min still crashes after the update. It does NOT crash, though, on windows (Kstars for win), only in Lubuntu.

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC
7 years 2 months ago #14548

Thanks for looking at it! I will try that update.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by nMAC.
7 years 2 months ago #14549

The update did not solve the issue, but I have just compiled indi-gphoto from sources and problem is gone!
Autofocus working!
7 years 2 months ago #14569

Hi!
That's great news!! Which is the exact environment you compiled in? I've been using Lubuntu 16.10, that's where it crashes. Just tried to install 17.04 to play with it but install failed (try again tomorrow). Any parameters in compilation? (I never compiled any Indi stuff on my own)

Magnus
7 years 2 months ago #14570

Hi!

Spoked too soon!
The focus module is not crashing but it's always insisting on this:

"2017-02-16T21:47:54 Autofocus failed, moving back to initial focus position 5000.
2017-02-16T21:47:54 No reliable star is detected. Aborting..."

The module finds a star,, starts focusing, it gets the right HFR values but quits after the iteration with that message. Weird!
I am using same parameters as always, changed Algorithm, tolerance and steps but it keeps the same.

Also it only works in BW Mode (Limited memory mode), if i turn debayer/3d cube on, it crashes, both linux and macos.

As for the compilation, I used RPi3 with ubuntu Mate 16.04 and followed the git hub instructions at: github.com/indilib/indi
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by nMAC.
7 years 2 months ago #14571

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds