INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Parking scope without Park capability (LX200 & Skysensor)

• Thank you received: 30
Certainly, the parking function of this mountain has changed since the early days.

I think that it is probably a change to improve the behavior, but it is not functioning now.

I use this driver for EAA from the beginning of the announcement.

Items that seem to be bugs have been explained before

1. GPS information does not synchronize.
→ Enter the information directly from the site management tab of the driver.

2. General Park
→ When leaving the park, press stop on Ekos' mount controller, then
Move in any direction with the mount controller.

3. Mount information is not synchronized with solver option.
→ After moving the mount, press the button next to the solver option and update the mount position information by pressing the mount information update information from the detailed setting.

I am using this kind of operation to avoid problems and use it.
It is much more convenient and light than using Ascom.
5 years 6 months ago #29144

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. What GPS information? There is GPS device or what?
2. I don't understand what that means.
3. Mount RA & DE are not reflected in solver option after slew is complete, is this what you mean?
5 years 6 months ago #29148

• Thank you received: 30
I'm sorry that the response was delayed.

I am using the gpsd driver by incorporating GPS module in RaspberryPi3.

1. The information acquired by the gpsd driver is not reflected in the mount.
We copy and paste the information acquired by GPS every time.

3. After Slewing the mount, the optional part of the attached figure is updated with other drivers, but the SkyWatcher Alt-Az driver does not update it to the mount position.
Therefore, if you move the mount a lot, the solver becomes an error.

It has been updated with other drivers.

Both were working with other mount drivers (CelestronGPS in my case).

Telescope simulator also worked.

ps. Since I started up Pi inside the room, it is a figure not acquiring GPS information, but the GPSD driver is functioning normally outdoors.ps. Since I started up Pi inside the room, it is a figure not acquiring GPS information, but the GPSD driver is functioning normally outdoors.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by T-Studio.
5 years 6 months ago #29151
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 6
Hi Jasem,

I was eager to test the new ss2k park function last week but clear sky abound for once!

Anyhow I did a quick first test at the end of last night session confirmed:-

1. park function appears in INDI Main control panel Parking: Park UnPark.
2. INDI Site Management appears to enable setting of Park Position as AltAz D:M:S
as test I input Alt 0:30:0, 260:0:0 and Set, then in Park Options I hit Write Data (I assumed this would be saved but this morning no data appeared after reconnect despite INFO screen showed 'Saved Park Status/Position)
It seems I forgot to do Options : Save Config since I re-did this morning and the Park position was saved.

3. at end of session I went to remote site so I could observe the Park function in action (always wary of runaway mount)
I saw there were several ways to operate Park function. from Kstars right click Skysensor then Park/UnPark or from INDI Main control or from EKOS Park or EKOS Mount Control Park. This is great I assume they all use same 'code'.

1st try : from INDI Main - after clicking (vnc from phone to PC) there was beep from handset (good) and audible change in motors but no movement towards park position.

2nd try : from EKOS Park.
handset beep and INDI panel shows ERROR error slewing to 260:0:0 0:30:0 Object below horizon
Tried setting Alt 2:30:0, 260:0:0 same result
By feeling the motors I can tell they are still tracking RA.

I Unparked and slewed to random spot and tried all again with same result.
It seems like same result when I tried my pyindi code i.e. there was comms with mount but the final 'goto' doesn't work.

The functionality feels great, if we can get it to work on ss2k it would be awesome.

Unfortunately I'd set logging off while I was imaging, sorry I know you need this, so I'll have to send logs from new session maybe tonight. Anything particular you want me to try?
5 years 6 months ago #29423

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds