I have Skysafari pro5 installed on my Amazon Fire tablet and I gather I can connect and control my scope with it via my laptop and Ekos anyone point me to a `How to` please ?. Running Kubuntu 17.04.
1. Add Skysafari to your Ekos profile, in the Auxiliary column. The same screen you specify your mount, ccd, and such
2. Start INDI
3. Go to the SkySafari Tab -> Options.
4. Enter the name of your mount into the Active Devices field, click Set, and click SAVE
5. Close the INDI dialog
5. Click Connect button to connect Ekos to INDI server
Goto the setup for a telescope, and:
1. Choose mount type: Meade LX-200 GPS
2. Enter the IP address for the INDI Server
3. Enter port number: 9624
Hi - just a warning about Skysafari 7 either using the INDI connection or the LX200/Skysafari INDI driver, when Skysafari 7 disconnects from the mount, including when the app goes into the background when you hit the Home button, tracking stops.
I've mentioned this on the Skysafari support forum - Skysafari 5 using the LX200/Skysafari INDI driver does not do this and tracking continues even when the Skysafari app is closed or mount disconnected.
Skywatcher AZGTi, RPI, INDI, Skymax 102, F3,3 reducer and Lodestar-C for EEA