INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dark frames suddenly missing

• Thank you received: 32
The exact circumstances I can't remember, but I know for sure I didn't clear or delete any dark frames I took of my Lodestar at the beginning of the session last night. At some point though, maybe after KStars had a crash and needed to be restarted, the guider was asking to cover the scope. I then looked at the dark library and all my 3 sec exposures were gone, which are the ones I was using. The others were still there.

I remember I've seen this behaviour in earlier versions of Kstars as well, has anyone seen this before?
6 years 8 months ago #17733

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you still have the darks in ~/.local/share/kstars/darks?
6 years 8 months ago #17734

I don't think so, can't tell for sure as the filenames don't have extra info in them to see which exposure is which. But there are 4 darks in there, which must be the 1 and 2 seconds on bin 1 and bin 2.

(which is confirmed in the EKOS dark library pane) I'll pay close attention next time and see if I can see anything in the logs.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
6 years 8 months ago #17735

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Dark frames suddenly missing

I just discovered this setting last night... Ekos/options/Ekos/Dark Library/Dark Validity - default is 30 days.
6 years 8 months ago #17737

Yes I saw that, I upped it to 60 last night already, but I took these darks yesterday as well so that should be fine. I do remember btw that I started at 3sec and switched to 2sec later on, after that the 3sec frames were gone.
6 years 8 months ago #17747

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Dark frames suddenly missing

theres also a rather narrow valid temperature range. I set mine to 5 deg (max available)
6 years 8 months ago #17755

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds