INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD Mount alignment with Kstars....

I published a video mostly about Ekos, but also contains a bit about alignment

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Teseo, Tarun, AstroNerd
6 years 2 months ago #22324

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
Redo your parked setup as above and then “write data “. That’s it. It will return there next time you go to park
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
6 years 2 months ago #22325

• Thank you received: 109
The park location got me as well, early on, and then when I reset everything, it got me again. Yes, all my fault, but maybe it should just return a message that says "park location has not been set" if the user has not written a park location and they click on the park button?
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
6 years 2 months ago #22326

Because it will use the "default location". Now it's in the right-click context menu, you'll set "Set as Park Location" .. so no need to manually go and click "write data"..etc anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg, AstroNerd
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 months ago #22327

• Thank you received: 140
Ok, all sorted and working now....
One thing still puzzles me a little, my problem was that because I had not set a new park position, it was following an old one from before I owned the mount, which I get, BUT why was that old park setting so far away from NCP and in a weird position....seems odd what it would have been set like that....is it something to do with moving the mount with clutches open...or does that not affect..?
6 years 2 months ago #22328

• Thank you received: 19
HI there!

Linking in to the "Park Position Problem"

I had a short cloudfree time today, so i tested my setup. Just the basic things. Wanted to try plate solving and focusing with my Canon DSLR and the 70-200 glass.

Then, when i was finished i wanted to test if the parking now works, because the last time i tryed, the mount wanted to do a almost full turn on both axis.
Funny that i found the new "set park position" by accident, but i immidiatly used it.
I took polaris as park position and used the new feature. And after clicking on "set as park location" i clicked on "park" but the same thing happened...
The mound wanted to go to some wierd position, though it allready was at my park position...
Maybe someone knows help...

CS
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 1 month ago #22972

I think your problem is choosing Polaris as your park position, you should level your mount, and set you park position manually, then switch on the mount and click the “set park position”, and then move to another part of the sky with the slew to option, then after that click park and it should go back to your manuallly set position...

If you chose Polaris in KStars and slew to that and use as park, it will end up in an unusual position...
6 years 1 month ago #22973

OK, i´ll try that asap, thanks!

Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 1 month ago #22974

One "trick" you could is to start with the mount looking north toward NCP with the weights down. Then in INDI control panel --> EQMOD --> Site Manager --> Parking Options --> Default

Then --> Write Data

Then --> Park

Check your ~/.indi/ParkData.xml as well, it should list EQMod and parking status should be set to "true".
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 1 month ago #22980

Thanks!

Parking works now. Had to do your Steps twice, but now it works perfect!

Niki

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
6 years 1 month ago #23003

Yes, the secret is not to try and use Polaris as park, but just use a home position as stated...that was how I did mine but I know they have now added the option in the right click menu in KStars, I have not tried that option yet I have always used the “write data” command when set up in the home position..
Glad you got it sorted.. :)
6 years 1 month ago #23006

Hi!

I understand what you mean. And most of the time, my setup is "stationary" but not with a dome or housing or a concrete pillar. Sometimes i have to put away the whole setup because of wheather or i want to go out to a darker place.
If it would be stationary all the time, i would not have to hazzle with parking in my opinion. Just leave it as it is and never switch it off.
But as soon as i want to put it a way, and set it up another day, i need this Polaris/weights down position to have a point to start from, or is there a fault in my thinking?
I mean when i set up my equipment somewhere in the mountains, and i start from "anywhere", i would never be able to get an alignment, right? Goto would never find anything, or not?

cheers
Niki
6 years 1 month ago #23037

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds