INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 2.9.3 is released

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Gary on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

I hadn't realised it was just a warning rather than a configuration error and the makefile was still able to be generated. I've set a build off now.

fwiw it looks like that package isn't in debian stretch and doesn't appear to be buildable without a newer version of QT than stretch ships with. QT_CONFIG use likely means qt v5.8 or greater and there's a qrandom.h issue which might need an even newer version.

What is it that is making use of datavis?
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Gary.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23789

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

Back in December I added the ability to get a 3D plot of your pixel data so that you can examine your star profile or other interesting features in your image. The feature is pretty well described in the blog posts for the last couple of versions of kstars. knro.blogspot.com. I wrote the part of the post about the feature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary
6 years 3 weeks ago #23791

• Thank you received: 0
I tested with my field setting, that is, the RPi3 is connected with a cable to a small Wifi router (TL-WR802N), to which the Windows PC accessed thru Wifi. Then the Windows PC and the RPi3 are isolated from the internet.
With this setup, the Kstars 2.9.2 succeeded to plate-solve, as shown in the attached SS, but 2.9.3 shows "Error: No connection to the internet" as in the second SS.

I changed the network config in such a way that the RPi3 is wiredly connected to my home LAN and the PC is connected to the LAN thru Wifi. Then the solver succeeded as shown in the third SS. In this case, the PC can reach the internet outside the LAN.
I wonder 2.9.3 may check the connection to the internet when the "Online" solver is selected.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23794
Attachments:

It is checking if the network is "accessible". If it is not accessible, then all network request, even local, would fail.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23797

Thanks, Jasem, for your reply.
Do you mean by "accessible" that the client Windows can reach not only the server on the RPi3, but also the internet?
If so, I cannot use the RPi running the INDI server with the Ekos on Windows in the field.
Hmm.., it's strange that the solvers of 2.9.2 and former have succeeded with the same setup.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23799

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Oliver on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

I still have no luck downloading 2.9.3, there is still a php white screen of death using the link on this page:
edu.kde.org/kstars/

Using this page gives me version 2.9.2:
indilib.org/download/osx.html

Tested with Safari and Firefox.

Please, can you attach the file to this thread?

All the best,
Oliver
6 years 3 weeks ago #23801

I don't think it necessarily means internet, here is the exact definition: doc.qt.io/qt-5/qnetworkaccessmanager.htm...rkAccessibility-enum
6 years 3 weeks ago #23802

I've roughly read the log of kstars.git, but couldn't find any possible cause of the issue.
Since 2.9.2 allows successful plate solver with the ANSVR local astrometry on Windows, it may be possible that some change in the Qt binaries/libraries is brought after the release of 2.9.2, which affects the behavior of networkAccessible().

I noticed that you modded the code onlineastrometryparser.cpp, and soon later, you reverted. I don't know why, but your mod would solve the issue. If you need any test, I'll help to test a revised binary on Windows.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23816

• Thank you received: 9
Ansvr is not working for me either. Only workaround afik is by adding astrometry to your auxiliary drivers and running it remotely from the pi to the windows pc.

When kstars windows would try to solve, it says it solves but then no other slew or sync command or wcs position behind the solve msg.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
6 years 3 weeks ago #23929

Can you apply my change to your local copy and compile and see if it resolves it?
6 years 3 weeks ago #23937

No, I cannot immediately. I'm new to Windows and recently introduced a note PC to use INDI in the field.
I could build kstars following the instruction on techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_KF5, but it will take some time, since I have no development environment on my PC.

I would be better, if you build the modded kstras and send me a link to download the binary.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23943

• Thank you received: 809
if you are new to Windows, then what are you used to using a Mac or Linux? KStars works well on both of those platforms just as well and in some areas better than on Windows.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23944

Time to create page: 1.312 seconds