INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Captures stalled permanently after dithering

• Thank you received: 66
Last night guiding and dithering was working pretty well. But a few times the captures stopped with a status indicating it was waiting for dithering to complete. The problem was that dithering had already completed. It appeared to occur when by chance the guide star was lost during dithering. So in the end guiding resumed but captures halted. I was able to getting going again by manually stopping capture and starting again. It seemed to continue where it left off.

Attached are logs.
5 years 8 months ago #27673
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This was hopefully fixed by yesterday patch. We are preparing for next release due very soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg, Craig
5 years 8 months ago #27675

• Thank you received: 11
I noticed something I think almost identical, in that Dithering never seemed to stop. I am not sure the guider lost the guide star though, although I did see that error a couple of times, but not as often as Dithering seeming to time out / never finish, which halts imaging unless you interviene. Dithering just sat there for 15-20mins one time for example.

I've also attached my logs in the hope this helps.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Craig.
5 years 8 months ago #27716

There are no logs attached. Were you using nightly or stable release?
5 years 8 months ago #27717

app.box.com/s/61zal2m0zkgwamqgrty0kc0ftsv03wy4 <---- There is the link to the logs.

I'm running the stock version of v2.9.6 and dithering just times out and never finishes.

Thanks, Craig
5 years 8 months ago #27762

It is a known bug fixed in nightly... we're very close to releasing 2.9.7 pending a couple of bug fixes so you can wait for it in a couple of days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
5 years 8 months ago #27767

Thank you. Good news. Where is the best place to monitor for the v2.9.7 release is available for download? Just the main download page?
5 years 8 months ago #27804

KStars releases are on KStars website edu.kde.org/kstars

If all goes well, we'll get a release tomorrow.
5 years 8 months ago #27806

Hi Jasem, I just remembered another bug that showed up on this log. I'm using GPS now and although it worked, it didn't update the control panel - i.e. KStars showed it was working from GPS and it had the right coordinates and time - could they have been stale from previous position (my home?) that is only 1 hour drive away. Also I saw a message later that the GPS was successfully disconnected. Not sure why it would do that. I know the GPS was working (flashing light on unit indicates a fix) and this checked out nicely at home.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Greg.
5 years 8 months ago #27863

So KStars is synced with GPS, but INDI Control Panel --> GPSD didn't have the correct time/date yet? It means it didn't get a lock and KStars was using whatever it was set to last. Not sure about GPS successfully disconnected, got the logs?
5 years 8 months ago #27870

Yes. The logs are attached to my original post in this thread.
5 years 8 months ago #27873

Right, but it does not show any communication with INDI.
5 years 8 months ago #27874

Time to create page: 1.448 seconds