INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

missing manual rotate in alignment in 2.9.7

• Thank you received: 0
hello,
because O also have a StarAdventurer mount with only a motor on de RA, I could always use the polar align sucussfully with the manual option for rotating the RA-axis. Now I don't have that option anymore. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem ?

Many thanks in advance.
5 years 7 months ago #28177

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
Dear all,

I second this. I also have the star adventurer running with ekos and it works nicely. Plate solving is actually extremely helpful for finding targets with a manual mount. Guiding (only RA supported by star adventurer) also works surprisingly well. Tried the polar alignment today and ran into the same problem that I can't just initiate the next photo manually.
Tried to cheat by using the mount simulator but that either moved extremely slowly or parked itself and aborted the procedure.

I am willing to help with coding if needed, but a feature to capture the three images manually would be very welcome. Thanks a lot!
Sebastian
5 years 1 month ago #34339

• Thank you received: 226
I have yet to try this myself, but from my experience you can stop the plate solving process and take a new image during the PPA routine. So that might offer an opportunity to rotate the mount. And as for the simulator moving slowly, well it's a simulator with a simulated time multiplier, it could be set to go 10x to 100x real speed, maybe that will help.

Ultimately I would like manual options back for non-goto mounts. A change I've already requested in this thread.
www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/4439-polar-al...-can-it-be-done.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sebastian Neubert
5 years 1 month ago #34342

This is possible, but requires work obviously. I can add it to TODO but the backlog is already a lot. If someone can submit a PR to add this feature, please go ahead.
5 years 1 month ago #34358

Hi,

I have coded this solution:
Added a checkbox which allows to switch to manual slewing

During the rotation phase the mount is not commanded to move.
Instead there is a Done button allowing to tell the program to move to the next image capture.

After all 3 pictures are taken one arrives at the usual screen with the indicator how to correct your Alt/Az settings.

So far I have only tested this with the simulator.

In automatic slewing mode the Done buttons are grayed out.

Some cosmetics could be done on the messages but the basic functionality is there.
This is my first time coding in kstars/ekos so I would be grateful for hints how to make the PR.

Thanks!
Sebastian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Alfred, Andrew, Tarun, Wouter van Reeven
5 years 1 month ago #34388

• Thank you received: 226
Thank you Sebastian, that was some nice quick work. I hope to see it soon. And welcome to the forums.
5 years 1 month ago #34392

Dear all,

Jasem has just landed my changes in KStars.
This should become available with the next release.

If you build KStars from source you should be able to test the feature.

Thanks,
Sebastian
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Sebastian Neubert.
5 years 1 month ago #34450

Time to create page: 0.675 seconds