INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Alignment module tries to solve dark frame

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

this is some of the first attempts to use Ekos so I might have missed some checkboxes... Capture hardware: ASI 120MM as a guide camera attached and ASI 178MC as main camera.

Action sequence:
0. I have setup profile with cameras defined as ZWO CCD and mount as EQMod Mount
1. Start INDI and connect. So far so good.
2. Select Align module and choose my guide camera. "Dark" checkbox is checked.
3. Click Capture and Solve. Ekos asks me i my camera has a shutter, I answer no as it does not (or does it?). Then I am greeted with second dialog, prompting me to cover the scope to take the dark frame. As this new run and I do not have any dark frames yet in my library, I think this is normal. I click next and Ekos captures dark frame and without prompting captures normal frame and tries to solve it.

Issues:
1. Scope is still covered and Ekos tries to solve only noise.
2. I am greeted with FITS Viewer window showing noise. Is that supposed to be the dark frame or what? What am I supposed to to with that? I would expect dark frame would silently saved to library.

Thank you
5 years 4 months ago #31118

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes this is a problem, it's suppose to tell you to remove the cover. I will work on that.

Regarding the dark frame, it's just FYI, you can close it. Some folks like to look at it to check for the distribution of the noise.
5 years 4 months ago #31131

• Thank you received: 139
Is it possible to build a dark master for the guide scope, and save it to the proper folder for selection? Or, if there were a way to create the dark image from the settings menu instead of from the first time use of the guide scope? I think either of those methods might be preferable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
5 years 4 months ago #31153

Ok it's fixed in GIT. It asks you now to remove the cover before you continue.

Ekos does not create a dark master now, just watches whatever conditions now and picks the dark that fits it. Maybe creating a Dark Library Wizard would be the good way to do this. Too much to do, very little time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
5 years 4 months ago #31158

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds