INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars Mac DMG 3.0.0 beta testing needed

• Thank you received: 809
Yes, that is how I have been doing my imaging recently, sitting in front of a fire inside. . .
5 years 3 months ago #32690

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
Hello Rob,

I have reverted to the 2.9.8 for the time being, as you already know I'm not having a good time at the moment so I can't really try this 3.0.0
But I must say, I have seen some layout differences which are great. Keep up the great work, and don't forget to send me an email as I want to try to find a way to have nightly OSX builds.
5 years 3 months ago #32767

• Thank you received: 139
What's the best way to ensure this gets into its own directory if I'm installing it on a computer that has 2.9.8?
5 years 3 months ago #32866

• Thank you received: 223
5 years 3 months ago #32867

Yeah, I mean, just don't drag the KStars.app directly to "Applications" and overwrite the other version. Put it someplace else. The Desktop? A subfolder? I spent a lot of time making sure that the KStars app on Macs would truly be a portable wrapped up app bundle with everything it needs inside the app. I always like to keep around an older version as a backup when I am testing newer stuff. Just a warning, Astrometry.net hates spaces in your Filepath, so be sure there are no spaces in whatever folder structure you put KStars.app inside of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
5 years 3 months ago #32872

Dropped it into a sub folder. So far so good. I created a new schedule, and added a sequence. Already better than 2.9.8 for me. I'm imaging IC410, and on 2.9.8 it kept getting hung up on focusing on a double star and getting out of focus. 3.0 caught the same double star, but after it couldn't find focus, it picked a different star and completed properly. Then it solved position, started guiding and is off and running. Now to wait and see if the meridian flip happens, then shutdown in the morning. So far so good.

Anything in particular I should look for?
5 years 3 months ago #32874

Welp, I spoke too soon. It completed the sequence, and then froze. I had to force quit. Didn't have logging on, so I'm not sure what went wrong.
5 years 3 months ago #32875

I've noticed now, it crashes every time I hit stop on the main window after disconnecting the hardware. Maybe I'm supposed to just hit stop without disconnecting the hardware?
5 years 3 months ago #32881

Are you talking about when you hit "Stop INDI" or the Stop icon on the Ekos Summary/Setup screen? I have seen that issue before. KStars has done that intermittently for a very long time. That's not a new bug, so it is not specific to this build. It would be good to look into it though.
5 years 3 months ago #32882

The issue appears when I press the Stop icon on the Summary screen.

Ok, after a night of imaging, here's the two primary issues I found. Every time a single sequence completes, EKOS/Kstars stops responding. The second issue is that when you press stop on the summary screen it also stops responding. Both situations require a force quit.

I set up a schedule to shoot IC410, with an HA/OIII/SII sequence of 5 shots each at 3 min per frame. I set the scheduler to repeat it all night. After one single sequence of 5-5-5 completes, the program stops responding and a force quit is required. I tested this multiple times last night. Reverted to 2.9.8 and then shot all night. This morning I went back into 3.0 beta and created a sequence of automated flats. After the sequence of 50-50-50 finished, the application stopped responding, and I had to force quit.

Multiple times I tried various settings since seeing was bad, and I had to go into the main screen and press the stop button, every time I did this the program stopped responding and required a force quit.

Both situations seem easily repeatable I could try to log it, but am thinking this type of crash maybe going to show up in the log? Not sure. But I could try it today.
5 years 3 months ago #32906

I see the final 3.0 is out. I'll give it a go today assuming it's different than the beta?
5 years 3 months ago #32912

Yes, I built it last night. So, anything that has changed in KStars/INDI in the last couple of weeks is now in there. So it is possible that some issues you may have seen in the beta have been fixed, and there also should be other changes too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Burwell
5 years 3 months ago #32914

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds