INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars crashes

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Odd Høydalsvik on topic Kstars crashes

Log files from yesterday
5 years 2 weeks ago #36275
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If I want to try without the FitsViewer, is this the right way to disable it?
Any other boxes to tick/untick?
5 years 2 weeks ago #36277
Attachments:

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Kstars crashes

Does the crash happen even if you're not guiding? I am now testing with ASI178C and ASI120M. The 120m is running in a loop in the guide module capturing once a second, while the 178 is capturing 30 seconds. I even limited the OS RAM to 2GB and only 1 CPU.. it's still running without issues after 79/100 exposures.

I'd say test with one camera only (nothing else is connected), then two with the 120m..etc. then add the mount..etc. We need to find out what causes it to crash .

5 years 2 weeks ago #36342
Attachments:

My general experience is that if I only take darks and flats with just the main camera in operation, I see no crashes.
It mainly occurs when running a real session with guiding.
I have not tried imaging without guiding, but I can try to carry out the steps you suggest next clear night. It may be a while though. Weather forecast is not good...
But meanwhile I can try out as much as I can inside.

BTW. Yesterday evening I had 5 consecutive crashes. They all occurred after the second or third image had been downloaded.
On the sixt attempt everything worked very well, and I could gaher about 5 hours of data.

/Odd
5 years 2 weeks ago #36345

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Guillem on topic Kstars crashes

Hi everybody,

I had problems with RAM and FITSviewer... So I did:
a) install Zram
b) disable Fitsviewer from options ( you may disable after check the first captured image )
c) disable some programmes like TEAMVIEWER ( is running by default in Stellarmate), to achieve more free memory...

In this case, everything runs in raspberry pi 3 ( only some randomly crash) from my laptop only use VNC viewer to supervise and control all stuff...

Another option is to use kstars on my laptop ( ubuntu 18.04), so with 8 G RAM fitsviewer never crashes. But I prefer that all runs in the raspberry to prevent some communications interrupts...

good luck with this fantastic environment... (only needs some debug and improvement )

Guillem
5 years 2 weeks ago #36351

OK, tonight we had some clear sky again, and I ran the following test scenarios:

1) ASI1600MM-Pro, EFW filterwheel connected
Imaging only
2) ASI1600MM-Pro, EFW filterwheel, Microtouch focuser connected
Focusing
Imaging
3) ASI1600MM-Pro, EFW filterwheel, Microtouch focuser, Skywatcher Az-Eq6 mount (EQDir) connected
GoTo
Tracking
Focusing
Platesolve
Imaging
4) ASI1600MM-Pro, EFW filterwheel, Microtouch focuser, Skywatcher Az-Eq6 mount (EQDir), ASI120MM Guidecam connected
GoTo
Tracking
Focusing
Platesolve
Autoguiding
Imaging

The result seems to be that scenario 1 and 2 works nice. But when the mount is connected, the trouble starts.
For scenario 3 and 4 (when mount is tracking), I experience crash after just one to two images. I also saw one crash during plate solve.
So whether or not autoguiding does not seem to matter. Mount in operation seems to be a clue.

/Odd
5 years 1 week ago #36681

Log files.
The first: Only tracking
The second: Autoguiding
5 years 1 week ago #36682
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Kstars crashes

I take images using an ASI1600MM-C Pro with an ASI EFW (5 slots) while guiding with an ASI120MC-S all on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R which is connected via an EQDir cable and have never experienced any crashes. Having said that, I use a kodlix mini-pc which has 4 gb of ram and not an rpi. Also I have the FITS viewer disabled whilst imaging.

HTH, Wouter
5 years 1 week ago #36686

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds