INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic Wizard - Need more detailed instructions

• Thank you received: 11
Has anyone put together more detailed instructions on what, exactly, the correct order and fields you need to use to create a mosaic job. I've found the manual to date lacking and I'm hoping someone has put something more thorough together for this as I'd really like to start doing Mosaic's. So if some has the steps with the screen shots and then highlighting which fields need filling out etc.

Thanks in advance folks.
5 years 1 month ago #34391

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's a good point and the manual should be a collaborative effort as well. It's already a lot of work to code this, so it would be great if the community can step in and help with the existing KStars documentation. Recently, I merged Ekos back in the official KStars documentation so that there is one source for information now and one that can be translated.

docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-edu/kstars/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 1 month ago #34394

• Thank you received: 22
I was just thinking, after seeing a mosaic on APOD this morning:
Hey wouldn't it be great if we could use gathered FOV info from plate solving to set up mosaic shots?  I get the concept but doing it manually seems really hard. Maybe we could program for target position and add or subtract the fov stored by plate solving to get a position matrix for a mosaic?
So I came to the forum and did a search for mosaic and found this thread. So...there's already a mosaic wizard somewhere? B) (goes to find it)
5 years 1 week ago #36744

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds