INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PTP vs Canon DSLR

• Thank you received: 0
Last night I got my gear connected through a USB hub to my Mac. I got the message included in the attachment. As a result my canon DSLR is having problems getting connected also when I connect it directly to my Mac. I have a Canon 700D DSLR and a ZWO ASI120mini.

Any suggestions what I have to do with this?

Gunther
Remote PI : Raspberry PI 3B+ with Stellarmate 1.16.2 /
Telescope : Skywatcher HEQ5 /
Camera : Canon 700D
5 years 1 month ago #35637
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic PTP vs Canon DSLR

This dialog message is to give you a chance to quit PTP Camera. The PTP camera program will prevent programs like KStars from connecting to the camera because the system is using the camera. So KStars gives you the option to quit PTP camera. Yes if you quit PTP camera, then the programs like Photos etc won't immediately claim the camera. You can always start PTP Camera up again after you finish using KStars or you can restart your system and it should start up again automatically. But yes, this dialog gives you the chance to quit the program so that you can actually connect with KStars.
5 years 1 month ago #35645

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the info.

I just checked how it works. Each time I connect my Canon 700D DSLR to my mac the PTP program pops up in my activity monitor. So basically always shut down the PTP program before starting Ekos.

kind regards,
Gunther
Remote PI : Raspberry PI 3B+ with Stellarmate 1.16.2 /
Telescope : Skywatcher HEQ5 /
Camera : Canon 700D
5 years 1 month ago #35656

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds