INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Capture module keeps asking for DSLR settings / ignores upload directory

• Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

just trying to set up an INDI-controlled EQMod mount with a Nikon D5000 DSLR. Mount control used to work fine (until today -- but that's a different story: bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=405188), but I do have some issues with the capture module.

- Whenever I switch to the capture module, a dialog asking for DSLR camera settings pops up -- although the dialog text says "This is a one-time setup". I wonder whether this is a bug or a feature...? ;)

- The image directory path gets ignored (I'm using "Client" upload mode) -- whatever I enter, the images end up in /tmp.

Im running a Debian Stretch system and compiled both INDI and KStars from the latest git.

So... am I missing something or are these real bugs which I should report?

Cheers --

Torsten
5 years 3 weeks ago #36110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. Regarding the reported bug, I pushed a possible fix, so git pull and retest.
2. If it keeps asking you, there is problem with ~/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite, you can delete it and it will recreate it next time in launches up. Check permission.
3. Cannot reproduce, everything is captured in the right place.

Make sure everything under ~/.local/share/kstars is owned by your user (not root) and same for ~/.config
The following user(s) said Thank You: Torsten Crass
5 years 2 weeks ago #36119

Jason,

thank you for that quick fix -- works fine again, doesn't crash anymore! :)

That also was a valuable hint, the caputure module stopped bugging me about the settings!

Oh, that turned out to be just me being stupid -- it's just the images created when hitting the "Preview" button which end up in /tmp; images taken though the sequence queue are stored where they should.

Thank you so much, and have a good night --

Torsten
5 years 2 weeks ago #36153

Sorry to jump on this thread but how are you using your Nikon D5000? I can't get kstars to operate the USB shutter release needed for it... Or aren't you using kstars?
4 years 4 months ago #46193

Time to create page: 4.482 seconds