INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Re:Slowdown in the Acquisition process

• Thank you received: 1
Hi guys!
I proudly use Kstars/Ekos 3.0.0 in a Macbook Pro (2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, and RAM 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3).
I acquire data with a Zwo ASI 1600 MM-CC with the cooler switched on and to which I connect the guide camera ASI 120MM-CS via the USB port. In addition, I guide through PhD2.
I noticed that the acquisition process slows down all the windows of Kstars. If I want to close the FITS previewer window it takes several seconds to do it. As a consequence of the slowdown also the countdown for the single captures is not fluid. I think it is not a problem of my Mac, owing to the fact that the others applications works quite good. I also tried to uncheck the use of the FITS preview during the process but without any good result.
How can I solve the problem?
Thank you in advance!

Franck!
5 years 1 month ago #36293

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
With "acquisition process", you mean "when guiding is running"? If so, what is the byte weight of your guiding frames and how frequently do you receive them?

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck
5 years 1 month ago #36333

• Thank you received: 812
Note that the countdown that you see reported in the capture module is not necessarily going to be fluid because it is not a timer on the client that is running. It is a time reported by the INDI driver that is running instead (often coming right from the camera itself). So updates to the countdown are not necessarily regular but depend on many factors such as network traffic if you run INDI over WiFi, or what the INDI driver, camera, or client are doing at the time.
5 years 1 month ago #36385

Hi! Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I mean when the guide is running...
How can I check the parameters that you mentioned in PhD2 guiding?
I attached a screenshot of the guide settings in PhD.
Thank you again!

F.
5 years 1 month ago #36399
Attachments:

Ok! thank you for your clarification.
In this case, as Tallfuryman says, then my problem is probably related to the guiding process, owing to the fact that it is the only process that actually runssimultaneously to the acquisition process in Ekos.
5 years 1 month ago #36400

• Thank you received: 301
One thing you can do is to separate the INDI server that controls your setup and the INDI server that controls the guiding camera. Your guiding camera will not appear anymore in Ekos, and will not disrupt its behavior. You need to provide which server has the camera and which server has the mount to PHD2. However there is a small bug that makes PHD2 forget where the mount is (on which indiserver port), so you need to re-enter the configuration each time you start it. But works nicely on low-end systems.

-Eric
5 years 1 month ago #36574

Thank you very much for your reply, Eric.
I will try the change you suggest.
5 years 1 month ago #36578

Time to create page: 1.160 seconds