INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler not starting

• Thank you received: 139
I’ll test 3.23 tonight. Didn’t realize I only had 3.2.2 last night and scheduler wouldn’t start. But giving it a go tonight. Also got another clear night tomorrow.
4 years 9 months ago #39988

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Just a quick note, we are testing a new method for using python if you want to try that. Some folks have had issues with the embedded python and so now I made some installers and am not embedding it. It might work better for you.

indilib.org/forum/ekos/5259-test-on-ksta....html?start=12#39917
4 years 9 months ago #39993

The scheduler is still not starting. Am I supposed to install Python for this to work?
4 years 9 months ago #40008

No, my python change is not related to the scheduler, it is related to plate solving. I was just letting you know that the version posted on the website was not the latest one I built so maybe the more up to date one would help.
4 years 9 months ago #40021

• Thank you received: 370
I can confirm, just tested the Mac version of KStars 3.2.3, the scheduler is not starting.

- Wolfgang
4 years 9 months ago #40075

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Scheduler not starting

Any idea why? DBus issue?
4 years 9 months ago #40077

It looks like a DBUS error. In the log you see
[2019-06-11T09:01:14.756 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.scheduler] - "Checking Startup State (0)..."
[2019-06-11T09:01:14.757 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.scheduler] - Startup Idle. Starting startup process...
[2019-06-11T09:01:15.847 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.scheduler] - Ekos communication status is 0 Starting Ekos...
Afterwards, nothing happens. It seems like Scheduler sends a "start" message to EKOS without a proper reaction.
4 years 9 months ago #40082

Oh, you are correct. I just ran a test on dbus and in fact it did have a build error. I think this is just an issue with the recipe but I will have to wait until later today to investigate this issue. It probably won't be too bad though since I have dealt with it before.

Here was the quick test:
/Applications/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/dbus-send --dest=org.kde.kstars --print-reply /KStars org.kde.kstars.zoomIn
Failed to open connection to "session" message bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead

That option should not have been disabled at compile time, since OS X does not have dbus by default and in order to get it to work with KStars a few years ago, my solution was to launch an isolated dbus server just for KStars at KStars launch with specially configured options. So this is actually VERY important. A few months ago when we started using craft for everything, we ran into the issue shown above because the dbus built by craft had the option disabled, so I wrote my own recipe for dbus to make it work. I will have to see if there is an issue with my recipe or if it ran the default craft recipe for dbus instead of my recipe.
4 years 9 months ago #40098

Yes in fact the dbus recipe I wrote was fine, it just hadn't been run in awhile. The craft dbus recipe had been run more recently, so the wrong version of dbus was being included. I updated my build script to force it to run the recipe every time just in case. Here is the updated dmg. dbus should be working in this one:

drive.google.com/open?id=1SkapOji70HCFa4XrcoqpA__e-A5YJt_2

Please test,

Thanks,

Rob
4 years 9 months ago #40119

• Thank you received: 420
Thanks for all the work you put into the Mac build Rob! Last night I tested the previous build on my MacBook. I connected the HEQ5 via EQMod, ASI1600MM with ASI EFW, ASI120MC-S and FCUSB focuser. I focused, polar aligned and slewed with Ekos. Plate solving worked perfectly OK after I downloaded the Astrometry.net python library using your new button. All worked flawlessly, though I admit I didn't use the scheduler. I managed to take 100 pics of the Moon at 0.004 and another 100 at 0.005 seconds exposure time. I still need to process them though. I'll download the new build and will test again tonight (weather permitting).

Clear skies, Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #40124

Hi Rob,
I can confirm, the test version of KStars 3.2.3 is working. I made a simulators based with slewing, focusing, alignment and capturing. Everything works as I am used from my Raspberry.

Wolfgang
4 years 9 months ago #40140

I'm running the build you just posted, and that seemed to fix the scheduler. I'm shooting a galaxy right at this moment, and the scheduler went off without a hitch. Thanks for all the hard work!
4 years 9 months ago #40146

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds