INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Internal Guider: Drift Graph Anomoly

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Yesterday was the first time I had Internal Guider working. During one test guide, the tracking was very good then suddenly I saw the guide trace show the image below. There was no wind.

The guiding corrected approximately just after the image below and continue to guide accurately for about 40 minutes.

What sort of thinks can cause the momentary action? Note guiding was going smooth something like 10 minutes prior, then the anomoly, and then completely normal; staying well withing the green zone of the drift circle graph.

Thanks
Bill
4 years 10 months ago #38685
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46
Hi,

Interesting, it looks just like mine except my does that in DE maybe once or twice per session even if the star is perfectly in the box all the time, I always thought I had a lot of backlash but could never find out why that happens.

I don't have a image of it but I do have a GuideData.csv file.

Cs
/Markku

File Attachment:

File Name: GuideData.csv.txt
File Size:9 KB
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Markku. Reason: Edit: Have to be a .txt file.
4 years 10 months ago #38689
Attachments:

Yes; peculiar. I tested for about 2 hrs, varying exposure, binning, observing. It only did this once that evening got that brief moment.

Learn the hard way I guess/
4 years 10 months ago #38690

I wonder if the pressure from some cable against the mount/OTA could do that. Go off due to unexpected resistence, work free, and catch up?
4 years 10 months ago #38691

It could be the cables but I can't confirm that, I have checked everything a couple of times but no clue why that happens..
4 years 10 months ago #38692

• Thank you received: 138
Looking at your CSV in Excel it's as if the dec corrections were turned off for about 100 seconds. The error and correction size is pretty linear, then it suddenly recovers in about 4 cycles halving each time. It might be interesting to see what the dec drift rate is if the guide corrections are turned off.
4 years 10 months ago #38700

Do I need to immediately grap the cvs file when i stop the guide, but don’t exit?
How long does cvs data exist in ekos?

I didn’t turn off the guide correction unless you’re refering to some intermittent activity (?)
4 years 10 months ago #38701

@ChrisRowland
I can test that and see what happens..

@Bill001
I did grab the file while still guiding so I really don't know if the file is there after a session.

Cs
/Markku
4 years 10 months ago #38721

Had the exact thing happen again. A driver pulled in and turned around then leaving. I had nearly the exact same pattern and a moment or so after the driver left it was back to normal. Refection from head lights.

This was odvious. Last time could have been headlights from the hwy that I didn’t notice.
4 years 10 months ago #38757

Time to create page: 1.210 seconds