INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to install local plate-solving index files

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Jerry - I've noticed that one window for me was always a little taller than the rest and it bothered me I couldn't see the bottom of it. I thought I had set the maximum screen resolution via the OS, but I'll try doing it command line like I think you did to see if that changes anything. My first screen shots were with my phone of a tiny 7" field monitor before I'd set up the wi-fi, and it's 16:9 which I guess Linux doesn't like..? Anyway glad you got yours looking good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
4 years 10 months ago #39161

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
The solution is to change location of index files to your home folder e.g. ~/astrometry (/home/username/astrometry):
1. Create the folder
cd
mkdir astrometry
2. Copy index files it
cp /usr/share/astrometry/* ~/astrometry/
3. Change astrometry config
#add_path /usr/share/astrometry
add_path /home/username/astrometry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Kinyon
4 years 10 months ago #39190

• Thank you received: 74
Administator with password "smate." - Never put your password on a public web site - hopefully you changed it straight away and its not used anywhere else :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 10 months ago #39195

• Thank you received: 11
I’ve got a StellarMate too, where did you download the latest firmware from? I wouldn’t mind having a more recent version handy just in case.
4 years 10 months ago #39226

• Thank you received: 86
This PW is openly published on Stellarmate web site...
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
4 years 10 months ago #39227

Radek, thank you, I performed the steps you outlined and will test it out as soon as possible. Step 3, I got an unrecognized command error when I tried the final line, did you mean for me to use "#add_path" in both instances? I did that after the error, hope that was ok. In case it isn't already obvious I'm a unix noob. Does #add_path make one directory automatically point to another? I see too that at least for now (I haven't launched Ekos yet) I have two copies of all the index files, ~640MB of data; once I confirm all is well can I delete the copies from their original directory in /usr/share/astrometry - will it let me..?
4 years 10 months ago #39277
Attachments:

Stash if someone wants to steal some of my blurry FITS files from me, I'll let them. ;) And I only use that for the Stellarmate, left everything alone once I got it.
4 years 10 months ago #39278

Hi pug916,
The only way I was able to download the Stellarmate OS again was to find the e-mail confirmation of my order for it and use the link in there to get directly to it. I think I first tried logging in and just rooting around on the site but couldn't find it. I'm sure that's not much help, sorry..
4 years 10 months ago #39279

• Thank you received: 375

I was not precise in step #3 - add_path are lines in /etc/astrometry.cfg file - you should edit the file by running "sudo nano /etc/astrometry.cfg"
After opening the file add # to existing add_path line and add a new one with your new path. Write with ctrl+o and exit with ctrl+x. You're done
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Kinyon
4 years 10 months ago #39286

• Thank you received: 33

I ran into this a few weeks ago. On the Stellarmate site click the sign in button, enter your username and password then click products , then orders and you should see a link to the image.
4 years 10 months ago #39296

Thank you Radek! I appreciate the extra info. Made the change, about to try it out!
Edit: Yep worked great! Thanks again. Do I need to leave the index files in the original location, or now that it looks in the new directory is it safe for me to delete them (if I even can, with permissions?) from their original location?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Brian Kinyon. Reason: Clear night at last
4 years 9 months ago #39695

• Thank you received: 11
...is there a screen shot in here. I still can't find the link to download the new firmware.
4 years 8 months ago #40872

Time to create page: 2.217 seconds