INDI Library v1.8.3 Released (02 Jan 2020)

Minor monthly bugfix release with a new RainbowAstro mount driver and improved pier side simulation.

Unable to install local plate-solving index files

8 months 4 weeks ago
bkinyon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to install local plate-solving index files #39279
Hi pug916,
The only way I was able to download the Stellarmate OS again was to find the e-mail confirmation of my order for it and use the link in there to get directly to it. I think I first tried logging in and just rooting around on the site but couldn't find it. I'm sure that's not much help, sorry..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 4 weeks ago
Kaczorek
More
Unable to install local plate-solving index files #39286

bkinyon wrote: Radek, thank you, I performed the steps you outlined and will test it out as soon as possible. Step 3, I got an unrecognized command error when I tried the final line, did you mean for me to use "#add_path" in both instances? I did that after the error, hope that was ok. In case it isn't already obvious I'm a unix noob. Does #add_path make one directory automatically point to another? I see too that at least for now (I haven't launched Ekos yet) I have two copies of all the index files, ~640MB of data; once I confirm all is well can I delete the copies from their original directory in /usr/share/astrometry - will it let me..?

I was not precise in step #3 - add_path are lines in /etc/astrometry.cfg file - you should edit the file by running "sudo nano /etc/astrometry.cfg"
After opening the file add # to existing add_path line and add a new one with your new path. Write with ctrl+o and exit with ctrl+x. You're done

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM
The following user(s) said Thank You bkinyon

8 months 4 weeks ago
starman345
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Unable to install local plate-solving index files #39296

pug916 wrote: I’ve got a StellarMate too, where did you download the latest firmware from? I wouldn’t mind having a more recent version handy just in case.

I ran into this a few weeks ago. On the Stellarmate site click the sign in button, enter your username and password then click products , then orders and you should see a link to the image.

-Brian

Kstars-Ekos-INDIE
NanoPC-T4 - Armbian Ubuntu 18.04
iOptron CEM25P mount
Photoline 80mm triplet
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Imaging camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini Guide camera

8 months 2 weeks ago 8 months 2 weeks ago by bkinyon. Reason: Clear night at last
bkinyon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to install local plate-solving index files #39695
Thank you Radek! I appreciate the extra info. Made the change, about to try it out!
Edit: Yep worked great! Thanks again. Do I need to leave the index files in the original location, or now that it looks in the new directory is it safe for me to delete them (if I even can, with permissions?) from their original location?

7 months 1 week ago
pug916
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Unable to install local plate-solving index files #40872
...is there a screen shot in here. I still can't find the link to download the new firmware.

Skywatcher EQ6R / EdgeHD 8" / ZWO 1600MC Cool / ZWO 120MM-S

7 months 1 week ago
Doug6952
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Unable to install local plate-solving index files #40876
To download the latest stellarmate os:
Ho to stellarmate. Com and sign in.
Click on products > orders .
Then click the order number, scroll down and click on download.

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds