INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Best (Any?) way to share configuration between Mac Desktop and Mac laptop

• Thank you received: 3
I'm new to EKOS/INDI and have been thoroughly enjoying it with my AstroBerry configuration out at the scope, while I sit comfortably inside the house.

When I set up for the evening, I do a lot of my work on the laptop - close to the scope. However, once its set up, I like to transition to my iMac desktop.

Are there recommendations on synchronizing the configuration between two locations (iMac/Macbook)?

I tried a symlink in the ~/Library/Application Support/kstars folder to a common dropbox folder, but kstars does not appear to follow the sym link.

When I initially started using EKOS/INDI with the AstroBerry, my assumption was that all the configuration would be stored on it because its connected directly to the scope, but INDI appears to network well enough that I guess that doesn't matter.

Thanks for any suggestions!
4 years 10 months ago #39019

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The INDI device configurations are stored in the ~/.indi directory. Did you create a symlink for that as well?
4 years 10 months ago #39047

• Thank you received: 375

Well , it does store all the configuration on the raspberry - in /home/astroberry/.indi (INDI drivers) and /home/astroberry/.local/share/kstars (KStars) but only if you connect to Astroberry as a remote desktop (over VNC or via web browser).
If you start KStars from your PC/Mac INDI drivers configuration is on raspberry (as above) but KStars configuration (and Ekos profile) is saven on your PC/Mac.
4 years 10 months ago #39084

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds