INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Some problems encountered.

5 months 4 weeks ago
pcxz
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
Some problems encountered. #39410
Hi, I want to explain some problems encountered.

1) In celestrongps the setting "pulsecmd" is always ON
even if I set it Off in the settings and save, at restart it is still On ..does it not save?
With this option On, the celestrongps guide fails.
( see the image, pulsecmd.jpg, captured at restart after I set it Off and saved )
I added my personal patch for the On setting as a Default option ( celestrongps_patch_indi.diff )

2) Now the scheduler captures two image instead of one ..Do I have to set any options in the ekos settings?
( any time an image is captured ..It starts double capture, you can see if you search in big log: Capture State "Aborted".
Fortunally when object is captured, the mount moves to a new object and the double capture aborts itself
Only the last object on the list is captured twice ( the situation is recreable with simulators )
( 09 May git is OK )

3) Some time ago I posted a message where it speaks of a problem with the passage from the guide to the capture in the scheduler.
It's too fast, and naturally, capture starts before the guide really started.
( in my case 15 seconds are required before autostar selects a new star and starts guiding )
For now I solved with my patch, it always resets the guide calibration, in this mode it recalibrates every time,
and capture start when guide is really in action. ( reset_guide_patch_scheduler.diff )
Is it possible to add a delay before the start of the capture?

Another little information, the Celestron GPS does not report the Firmware of GPS, is it normal?
( see image: gpsfirmware.jpg )

I saw that the scheduler is being rewritten, for me the scheduler is a very very important part of Ekos.
If want I'm available for testing.

Thanks to all the developers for their hard work.
Best regards.

----
Celestron C8 Fastar XLT U.S.A. (Carbon tube), seeker 9x50 (used as a guide scope), Wedge, Meade DSI (used as a guide cam), Canon EOS 500D Full mod, Canon EOS 1000D, RaspBerryPI3 with remote management through EKOS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 4 weeks ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Some problems encountered. #39429
For the pulse issue, did you check the configuration XML file? is the pulse command state saved there?

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds