INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I am trying another build.

I haven't seen anything like that before - it implies the libindi.1.dylib isn't there.

What os version?
7 years 3 months ago #12945
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Erland högberg on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

My OS is Sierra, 10.12.
7 years 3 months ago #12950
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

So, this evening I thought I would run through some tests to make sure I had the latest version on my Mac of both the cmake and craft versions of KStars. I ran Jamie's script and it all worked flawlessly.

Next. I tried taking the dmg that the script generated on my computer and bringing it to my Wife's computer which is running El Capitan. Dragged KStars to the desktop and it worked great. There are a couple of icon issues, but that is minor. Even the download new data worked well.

Then I went on to try Ekos. And as before, I was able to start the embedded Indi server with the CCD, but not take a picture. The driver crashes right away.

In the process of investigating using OTool on KStars, indiserver, and some of the drivers, I found several files that are not bundled in the frameworks.
/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

As far as I could tell, the first 2 don't seem to be a problem because those files exist on both my Mac and my wife's Mac. I assume they are system libraries that should be on all Macs? The third one though, I do not understand. I cannot find it on either computer at that location! Am I missing something?

I don't see anything that would cause Docerland's error, however, unless he is using an older DMG file from before Stephane bundled in libindi properly.

Jamie, I will try your dmg now.
7 years 3 months ago #13017

Oh Shoot, Jamie, It is your DMG. I just tried your DMG on my wife's computer and got the exact same issue as Docerland!! I wonder if you changed something on your script locally when you built this dmg, or made some changes to it? libindi1.dylib is not loaded. I also noticed that this dmg is not built for El Capitan in mind, I had to run it from the terminal because it said that error message about Sierra. Is it possible that you accidentally linked an older dmg in your post?
7 years 3 months ago #13018

Sorry about that Docerland, I replied to your comments, but never actually tested that particular dmg file. Here is my dmg that worked on my wife's computer fairly well. Her computer has not been used for development and as such has no home-brew, Qt, Xcode, or any other software. So it should work on your computer.

www.dropbox.com/s/4hy57ysu76dk7eq/kstars.dmg?dl=0

KStars in this DMG is working well as a planetarium program and most of the features that I tested a few minutes ago work fine including even download new data. All you have to do is drag it to your Desktop or Applications folder and double click. One thing that doesn't work is clicking on the image in the details window to download more images. And please note, as I noted in my post a few minutes ago, we still need to figure out why the indiserver crashes when you try to take a picture on a non-development system, we haven't tested the bundled astrometry on a non-development system, nor have we tested xplanet on a non-development system yet. All of these bundled programs work great on systems that have run Jamie's script and built KStars fully, however. So if you want to just use KStars on OS X for its planetarium functions, this dmg should get you up and running. For the Ekos features, you either have to wait until we figure out the deployment issue, or you can run Jamie's script located here, and everything will work fine (except that the installation takes awhile and involves installing other things):

github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 3 months ago #13019

Also, how is the recovery Jamie? Everything going ok? I hope you are feeling much better!
7 years 3 months ago #13020
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Erland högberg on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Ok!
I will try that dmg. Thank you all for the great work you have put into this project!
Erland
7 years 3 months ago #13026
  • Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I have been following your great work on this, thank you all for your efforts.
Going to test the DMG on my MBP Sierra too.
7 years 3 months ago #13027

I had surgery last week - a plate, some screws and wire. First followup is Monday, along with the first physical therapy. most of the motion is back, at least with the fingers. The wrist is hindered because of the brace and the wires. Also no word from the other guy's insurance company as to whether or not the bike is totaled.

Thanks for asking :)

As for the DMG - I don't think that I copied out the last one that built - Quite a bit of work travel sprang up. Actually on a plane now, and headed to Sweden on Monday evening. I probably won't have a chance to look at it until after next week.
7 years 3 months ago #13035

Sounds like mostly good news! And its no big deal about the dmg, Your script very easily makes another one ;-). Hopefully some people can try out the one I posted and report back their findings. Maybe somebody will figure out what we are missing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 3 months ago #13040

looks like I did a brew install indi-atik, which broke my libindi stuff.

I will see if I can regroup from that.
7 years 3 months ago #13056
7 years 3 months ago #13057
Time to create page: 0.895 seconds